X-Files' comic book

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

Indeed. And they got the look of seasons four and five just right (Scully's hair, the house and its surroundings even look like the one from Home)! I also really like the episode-like structure; first the teaser then Mulder and Scully show up a few pages afterward.

• 1 month later...

NEWS: Wildstorm to publish The X-Files #1 (of 7)

Search for the truth inside this new miniseries based on the hit FOX television show! A research scientist, recently agitated by paranoid fears, is found dead in his suburban D.C. apartment. His sister refuses to accept the coroner’s ruling that his death was suicide from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Federal investigator Scully discovers forensic details that would seem to defy rational explanation and when her partner Agent Mulder learns the scientist was working on a top-secret project for a government contractor, Mulder becomes agitated by his own paranoid fears, which eerily parallels the behavior that led to the scientist’s death!

From show writer Frank Spotnitz, art by Brian Denham, cover by Tony Shasteen; variant cover by Russell Walks. 32pg. - Color - $3.50 US - On Sale November 19, 2008

COVER:

10626_400x600.jpg

SOURCE https://weeklycomicbookreview.com/2008/08/1...-7-on-november/

So there will be only 8 issues? :(

Hi chaps,

I thought I'd mention a little gossip from the world of comic geeks. Denham is a very controversial artist amongst comics fans. The reason his artwork is so accurate, as Laran notes, is due to his penchant for tracing from photographs and other artists work. Some time hence Marvel were forced to intervene and warn him of the possible consequences of such behavior. The X-files Comic has been hotly debated on a few comics forums with fans believing it evidence of him continuing the practice. The cover above by Tony Shasteen is certainly evidence of photo-tracing so it would seem the practice is becoming quite wide spread.

Best wishes,

Eth

Hi chaps,

I thought I'd mention a little gossip from the world of comic geeks. Denham is a very controversial artist amongst comics fans. The reason his artwork is so accurate, as Laran notes, is due to his penchant for tracing from photographs and other artists work. Some time hence Marvel were forced to intervene and warn him of the possible consequences of such behavior. The X-files Comic has been hotly debated on a few comics forums with fans believing it evidence of him continuing the practice. The cover above by Tony Shasteen is certainly evidence of photo-tracing so it would seem the practice is becoming quite wide spread.

Best wishes,

Eth

Hi Eth!

I dunno about the others but I prefer to see photo traced but recognizible faces of Mulder and Scully than some really strange looking faces like in early Topps comics. And Brian did totally fantastic job recreating the atmosphere of the show. Reading this comic was like watching frozen frames from an actual episode of XF. Not to mention very interesting story by Frank Spotnitz where he again touches a theme that seems to be quite important for him.

This is an unused variant cover for #0 issue by Tony Shasteen:

Edited by Blackoil

Guest Laurent.

I agree with blackoil.. as long as the artist as the rights to the actual photographs (and it is no doub the case here). Yet I wonder if he just uses this process for the covers. I kind of hope so, 'cause you wouldn't want to have to distinct style in the same comic.

Anyone finds it funny that they are all looking intensely and pondering deeply at mulder's poster?