X-Files' comic book

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Damn,

I read an entry at Big Light some time ago that spoke of the comics Richard and it mentioned that there was one particularly rare one. I can't remember what issue it was but I do recall Frank Spotnitz saying that he didn't have it either and (possibly, not sure about this bit) if anyone found it could they let him know.

Does anyone know what on earth I am referring to? That might be one to keep your eyes open for and seize if ever you come across it.

Eth

The first 12 issues form the "Aquarius Project" mini-arc, which I enjoyed immensely and was part of my early XF fan obsessions! I haven't re-read them for years, but for the number of pages I remember the stories to be very dense and mysterious, like real XF episodes! Both artist and writer changed in later issues, and my interest waned at the time (and also the magazine became harder to find).

I remember finding some great interviews with Petrucha and reviews of the first issues of the comic, but I can't locate them any more. I think it was on Petrucha's site, which just went through a re-design, but I'm not sure.

As for the rare one, I guess you're referring to this post (cheers to Google for the quick find once more): "San DiegoComic Con Ashcan". According to the (one and only!) checklist Eth posted, it's just a special edition of #20. For what it's worth, I bought "Space" and "Beyond the Sea" off the internet last year for a normal price so I don't think they're the rarest.

Thank you so much for finding that Blog post. I have made a note of the issue and should I ever happen across it I will snap it up.

I finished the first, and I believe last, major arc of the comic yesterday and boy was that something of a confusing wrap-up. I don't think I would do it justice to attempt to provide a summary from a single read of the issues. I feel it needs a second 'viewing' to be absolutely certain I got it.

All in all I thought it was a superb read so far. The only time it dropped the ball for me was the cold-fusion-alien-octopus story which owed more to the early creature features than it did to XF as it lacked a little subtly but minor gripe aside I enjoyed it very much.

I notice that a Project Aquarius article is coming soon at eatthecorn, could I enquire as how soon that will be? I would very much enjoy a chance to read that.

Eth

• 5 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

I found "Shadows" but not "Ghost in the Machine". As it says on the page you posted a link to Mark, of all the X Files Topps comics published between 1995 and 1998, a comic book adaptation of "Ghost in the Machine" was not made. A shame, as that was one of my favourite early X Files season one episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

You'd think the last issue of the Topps Comics X Files series (issue 41) would be one of the easiest to find on eBay. I found a used copy but not one in new or NM/M (near mint/mint) condition. There was a listing each for the two variant covers for one of the X Files episode adaptation comics, but in the description it said there was "light handling wear" (the same with a photo variant cover for a copy of issue 33 "Sona" on eBay).