Push, Nevada

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Starting next Wednesday on Sci-fi (UK) is Push, Nevada which is about an IRS agent who goes to a town to investigate a tax query. It has a Twin Peaks feel to it from the things I've read since it first aired in the US. It was cancelled after 4 episodes. Eight were made in total. Been looking forward to this other recent short-lived series (Miracles was the other along with Harsh Realm).

The pilot episode premieres on Wednesday 2nd June at 9 p.m. Repeated on Sundays.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks for the heads up. It sounds intriguing so I'll try and catch it.

(These days it seems the only shows worth watching are the ones that got pulled after only a few episodes!).

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

Yep, I'll be watching too!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

I watched this show back in Fall 2002. It is a very strange show. It is interesting though (even if it has it's flaws). It was devised as a show that leaves clues and the first person to get all the clues would win $1 million.

The thing that pissed me off about this was that ABC decided to air the final clue during Monday Night Football (I don't watch football that much and usually never on monday night. Not a big sports fan).

be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

Guest WaveCrest

No problems about mentioning it. :wink: In fact I'm glad you've replied as I tried on a couple of other boards a thread about PN starting this week and I've had no replies to date on either boards. So thanks for replying.

Libby - I know what you mean although I don't think it's always the short-lived shows that are the best ones. You have got some long running series and shows that last for a few seasons. But in the last 10-15 years there have been some intriguing shows that have been cut short ahead of what could have been interesting runs - Twin Peaks finished without a proper resolution, Miracles, Sleepwalkers, Nowhere Man, John Doe and Millennium of course. :;):

• Elders (Admins)

BUMP!

Just a reminder to UK fans this show is on tonight in a few hours.

Gra :ouro:

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest WaveCrest

You know, I was thinking of posting a reminder myself that the first episode is on in a bit even though there may not be many replies in this thread.

• Elders (Admins)

I'd be interested to know what others thought about this show. It did have a Twin Peaks feel to it. I liked it. It's intriguing - I can't figure out what it's supposed to be about. There was some interesting camera work - just enough for me to notice but not enough to drag my attention away from the story.

I'm aiming to watch next week.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

I'd love to tell you but I only remembered 20 mins into the program! I'll have to wait for the repeat on Sunday night. I set my Sky+ to record it so I won't miss it next time.

Guest WaveCrest

I thought it was good but not a patch on Twin Peaks. Very good camerawork which looked like it was on location in Nevada (well impressed by that. Reminded me of Traffic, 21 Grams, 24 and the X Files episode John Doe). Has an interesting story but it just felt like a Twin Peaks imitator. The original was better. But I feel like tuning in next week.

Got to say though, the female talking and dancing with Jim in the bar was gorgeous. Was just like Audrey Horne in TP when she played the seductive woman.

Libby - Have you seen the first episode before? :wink: Just wondered as you posted as the episode started.

Edited by WaveCrest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines