Why should I watch season three again?

Rate this topic

I don't know how many times I have watched season one and two. I could go down and start either one right now and even get through the episodes I don't care for.

Today I decided to watch season three. I don't know if it was just my mood or what, but I just couldn't watch it. When I saw the FBI agents at the plane wreck I felt like I was watching x-files not MLLM. Frank talking to his psych. and watching a film of himself was interesting, but I just couldn't take the new FBI characters. I only watched about 20 minutes and turned it off.

So, how many of you watch season three as much as one and two?

Hey Hippy,

i dont want to compare watching Season 3 to watching a car-crash but there episodes i love to watch over and over again in Season 3. I understand when you say its hard to watch straight through. Like Chris Carter has said before about Season 3- he was trying to get back that Season 1 feeling. Regarding some of the stories, it did stink. When i grab Season Three i will go straight to The Sound of Snow or Antipas. My other favs are Saturn Dreaming....... and Darwins Eye. For me The Innocents had a good story but for some reason to me it was El Stinko. It just didnt get it for me, the ole' MillenniuM feeling was'nt there but i think after Omerta it picked up and cranked out some good stories for us.

• Elders (Moderators)

One good reason for watching season 3 is Barry Baldwin. Apart from being a character that's good to dislike, there was the gradual development in his character.

Regardless of my own belief in the merits if all three Seasons I don't think there is an onus on any of us to watch them ad nausuem. I am sure all members will recognise the ebb and flow of our Millennial love and understand there will be times when episodes or Seasons fall out of favour. My theory is that desire should precipitate a viewing and if the 'itch' is not there there is no need to scratch. My advice would be to rest Season Three till such time, and I'm sure there will be a time, when a genuine desire to view it returns.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.
One good reason for watching season 3 is Barry Baldwin. Apart from being a character that's good to dislike, there was the gradual development in his character.

I second that! Frank's development is also great, although he has some out-of-character moments. And everyone has to admit the last third or half of season three is one of the show's best sequence of episodes.

edit: wait a minute. Is "second" a verb in english? In french it means "to reiterate someone else's opinion"...

• Elders (Moderators)
edit: wait a minute. Is "second" a verb in english? In french it means "to reiterate someone else's opinion"...

Yes, in English to second something means exactly the same as in French. We nicked a lot of your words from those invading Normans!

Guest Jim McLean
When I saw the FBI agents at the plane wreck I felt like I was watching x-files not MLLM. Frank talking to his psych. and watching a film of himself was interesting, but I just couldn't take the new FBI characters.

I can see that comparison to some extent, though I actually find season two more like the X-Files with its more paranormal taint and open ended resolutions.

In some ways, I see season two as a stronger comparison for X-Files' "Monster of the Week" episodes, and season three as a strong comparison for the X-Files "Conspiracy Arc" episodes.

I guess it's hardly a surprise given how popular the X-Files was and how both seasons struggles. It's why my favourite is season one, it just felt more of its own beast. Don't get me wrong, I love seasons two and three - both have some fantastic episodes and as Eth says, all the seasons have merit, and personally, carry different flavours to make each its own beast. That said, season one is - for me - what feels like the "real" Millennium so far as a show with its own tang unlike any other.

But yes, I could happily watch some of season three right now - Sound of Snow is particularly getting a calling..

Why watch it? Because I just did and I thought it was much better than expected! I agree it took some episodes to kick off well but the second half is full of gems! Given how each episode of MLM is its own animal, you don't have to watch the whole season from beginning to end if you've already seen it, just go for what best suits your day. Think positively!

SMOOTH: This is the 27,466th time I've had to brush my teeth, and I never get tired of it!

:clapping: