Why should I watch season three again?

Rate this topic

Guest naossano

In my point of vue, i say that season trhee is far from being as good as the first two seasons, but there are also very good episodes, about mad killers, about Peter Watts, or about the not-yellow-anymore house...

Yes, in English to second something means exactly the same as in French. We nicked a lot of your words from those invading Normans!

I am french and i never used or heard that...

Guest Laurent.
I am french and i never used or heard that...

What? You've never heard the verb "seconder" before?

Par exemple, un membre d'une assemblée règlementée suggère une action et quelqu'un doit seconder sa proposition pour qu'elle ne soit pas ignorer (seconder dans le sens de réitérer l'opinion). On peut aussi seconder quelqu'un dans une tâche, c'est alors un synonyme d'aider.

Guest naossano
What? You've never heard the verb "seconder" before?

Par exemple, un membre d'une assemblée règlementée suggère une action et quelqu'un doit seconder sa proposition pour qu'elle ne soit pas ignorer (seconder dans le sens de réitérer l'opinion). On peut aussi seconder quelqu'un dans une tâche, c'est alors un synonyme d'aider.

I coloured in blue the way i use this verb.

The red one maybe used by a few people or not used any longer. ( not often, i mean )

Guest Laurent.

Ah alright! That makes sense!

Hey by the way, I'm not sure if I have said this to you before; but welcome to to the board! I normally try to keep track on French people over here and I'm sorry if I forgot you! I shall never make the same mistake!

Santé! :drunk:

Pardon my French, but:

Je crois que "seconder" dans le sens de "I second that motion" n'est plus utilisé en France; au Québec peut-etre, justement parce que c'est proche de l'utiisation anglaise. En France que le sens "aider" subsiste. J'ai passé assez d'années en France pour en être assez sûr, mais j'ai pas suivi la chaîne du parlement donc je le garantis pas ^^

/OT

Guest naossano

Could be true.

As English or Spanish, French is a langage spoke in different countries, with different words and phonetics... Sometimes, it could be hard to understand each other...

( I refer to the french spoke in France )

Edited by naossano

• 3 months later...

I've been watching through season 3 again, for the first time in almost two years, and I am really enjoying the episodes.

I think I am enjoying them more than I did when I watched them on TV, or when they first came out on DVD.

I think a part of it has to do with the fact that I've been watching more TV this season, and MM is refreshing in comparison. Even when MM is not at its strongest, it's still better than most of the crap that's on TV nowadays.

Guest Laurent.

I agree. Although I would add that the final third of season three is Millennium at its strongest (along with some brilliant season 1 episodes)!

That's so true Pluto. Even the shows I like the most this season(Fringe,Sarah Connor) can't hold a candle to any season of Millennium. I've watched the first two seasons of Millennium twice since buying the dvds and they still have me at the edge of my seat.

Guest Jim McLean

I think there is a lot open to interpretation in season three which probably gives it more longevity. As much as I love season one, the stories are far less obscure, meaning in the long run, season three might hold more fascination for myself.