I Want To Believe - United Kingdom Promotion

Rate this topic

Thanks so much Graham,

Could I ask which program you used? It may be just what I need to resolve the audio problems I am having with Richard and Judy.

Best wishes,

Eth

• Elders (Admins)
Thank you very much Graham! I'll give it a look once I'm at home!

Okay, that's cool! It (the board) let me quote your post from the previous page and Eth's on this one too!

Your very welcome Laran, I apologise for the delay. The sound problems and a week away didn't help.

I just worked 2 shifts quick changeover from afternoons to mornings which delayed part 2, but its currently uploading as I type and I'll update my post with the link shortly.

Updated:

David Duchovney Interview Part 2.avi

(11 Mins) Size:74MB

Thanks so much Graham,

Could I ask which program you used? It may be just what I need to resolve the audio problems I am having with Richard and Judy.

Best wishes,

Eth

Hi Mark,

Sure, I used TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress which was excellent and worked first time.

I ripped the DVD-R recording to my PC with DVDShrink, then I opened the vob file in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress using the Wizard, enabled the built-in options to deinterlace the video. Then told it to use DivX6.whatever to resize and encode the video. I set audio at 44khz as I believe not all sound cards can play back at 48 if I remember correctly. It automatically selected the MP3 mode for the sound encoding.

Thing is, I can't recall downloading and installing this program! I must have done it a while ago, as its on my desktop when I choose to boot up in WindowsXP!

Graham

Thanks for the advice Graham,

I've had a little look at the program and it seems fairly idiot-proof (or Eth-proof as it shall now be known) so I shall give it a whirl. I normally use either Fairuse Wizard or Auto GordianKnot as both could be operated by a chimp so are pitched at the right level for me. Here's hoping this will resolve the issue.

Best wishes,

Mark

• Elders (Admins)

No problem, it did the trick for me, let me know how you get on. When I do convert from DVD (my own recorded ones of course! :eyes: ) its usually to FLV Flash Video to use for online clips. This is the first time I'd come across the sound issue though so I'm glad trying this program out did the job for me.

The only thing I noticed was it offers you the chance to resize in the program's filter settings and in the DivX codec's settings.

I ended up telling it to do it in the codecs, because it wanted to resize the video into some weird dimensions.

I realise we've destroyed your pinned topic by going semi-off-topic here, so feel free to separate these posts from your topic or remove them if you prefer.

Graham

• Elders (Admins)

Eth,

I spotted another promo interview with Chris and Frank on Film4 yesterday evening. It also features GA and DD plus others.

I have recorded it and uploaded it.

Its around a 100MB unfortunately, in DivX format. The files size is a bummer even though I kept it small, but its a 15 minute program. Thank god for broadband!

I might look into getting flash video to work in the gallery or download manager, as these files uploaded to Sendspace will be removed if no activity after 21 days, which would be a shame.

post-1-1219835825_thumb.jpg

Download link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/xlhho7

And the goodies just keep on coming...

Many thanks Graham. It is such a shame that these appear and keep appearing unheralded. Had it not been for the fine work of Philes on other boards I would have been totally unaware of what was airing and when. As a rule I don't watch GMTV, The One Show or R&J so I would have missed all of those and who on earth would have spotted the ITV special languishing in the wee hours on ITV?

On a related issue I am all but glued to Zone Horror at the moment and I hope they treat us to a few promos and trailers for Millennium. If that should be the case I will capture as many as I can to share.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

Is this the one where Chris "answers" a quick question about Fencewalker?

.. man, I think I'll soon start talking about Fencewalker in every single discussion. I have to be careful...

• Elders (Admins)

Laran,

Off the top of my head I can't recall. I'll have to play it again.

Eth, I know what you mean. That film4 interview was really good and I saw it purely by chance in the Sky EPG.

I hope Zone Horror show S2 of Friday the 13th soon!