Campaign To Persuade Fox To Make A Millennium Film

Rate this topic

Guest Sue Myatt

Guest Stonewall

How many signatures are going to be really needed to honestly get any attention? Obviously we need as many as possibile but just how many are we talking about?

• Elders (Admins)

That's impossible to say, a petition of this nature gives an indication to the intended recipient that there is a potential market out there. I think the petition will never reach several million which is probably what it would take for a movie studio to say, right we start work tomorrow.

Guest Seraphim

In my experience with petitions, it takes, usually, at least 10,000 signatures to make a big company even consider something. -_-

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Oraborous

I signed it and I hope that what we are doing here will convince the industry that without the fan base they would fall and they should listen to those who believe that this movie is well over due and much needed.

:ouro:

Edited by Oraborous

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Windom Earle

I'm #966.

If Chris Carter is getting into film directing/writing, a potential Millennium film wouldn't be unheard of--Joss Whedon is writing/directing the Firefly movie as we speak. Since Hollywood loves serial killers/forensic thrillers, a possible Millennium appeal wouldn't be offbase (as long as Ashley Judd doesn't appear).

Hate to sound like a jackass - but internet petitions don't do anything. A recent email to me from CD label Varese Sarabande in response to my wanting a particular album...

We appreciate your interest and dedication very much, but Internet petitions have no effect on anything.

The cold hard fact is that if you want something - write it in! Not email, not online petitions, not blogs.

It took a full-page ad in Variety to get George Lucas to put the original Star Wars movies on DVD (yes, he would've done them anyway - but he wanted to wait longer) and after all, email and petition signitures dont require a great deal of talent to modify, forge or send in bulk.

(I would also like to mention that someone having the name Windom Earle as a username and Anya as an avatar is majorly cool)

Edited by LeHah

Guest Windom Earle

Even though I signed the petition, I agree: internet petitions don't usually work. Usually executives take more notice when people use EFFORT to get their point across: writing a letter, postcard, mailing a novelty item that has a significant meaning to the recipient, etc. When thousands of Angel fans protested its cancellation, they sent in all sorts of mail, took out ads in trade magazines, truck billboards, etc.

Of course DVD sales also say something too. Firefly sold like delectable hotcakes and Universal took notice and bought the rights from Fox. If Millennium is a strong seller on DVD and Carter, Henriksen (who'd love to do a film version) and Fox can agree, I'll bet we see a film down the road...

Thanks for the compliment, LeHah! I thought it would be cool to amalgamate two of my favorite characters from two of my favorite TV shows! You can't go wrong with Anya in a bunny suit!