Campaign To Persuade Fox To Make A Millennium Film

Rate this topic

Guest Sue Myatt

Guest dAHMER

Signed it.

Like I said on the petition, I saw this show when it first aired when I was in middle school (so I was about 14 or 15). I'm 23 now and the show has stuck with me the whole time.

I sincerely hope and pray that they make a movie.

• 4 months later...
Guest The Wicker Man
Done! :ouro:

Only 26 signatures so far, though! I too am going to put something up on my site to help spread the word.

How many are we at now? In the absence of millennium/x files (any sort of carter property) why wouldnt fox take a shot at a prime time movie. The fan base is still exists!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest medication77

I've been doing some thinking today (yes thats what the noise was) and there is about 2 months until the anniversary of the pilot episode.

Regardless of these legal difficulties between Fox & Chris Carter that are an obstacle not just to Millennium but also the X files movie am I not wrong in thinking that the day of the anniversary would be an excellent day to hit Fox with something, anything?

As a group of people we need to know the obstacles we face. the questions and answers we need, so we can bring an end to this destructive conflict and bring order... wait, oh yeah, obstacles

## TheStarsAreDown is writing a piece for Dreamwatch hopefully to coincide with the anniversary wouldnt it be great to email dreamwatch to encourage them to publish this article and also to come up with ideas to make an impact on Fox, point out to them the press interest give them hard copy not email fill their desks not their junk mail bin, attack Fox on all fronts.

## Does Fox think it is financially viable if not can we prove that it could be.

## Is it Chris Carter we should be harrasing and not just Fox.

## Is Lance the only person that wants this to happen is he the only one pushing.

## Other than Lance can we get in contact with any of the other members of the cast / Crew and get their endorsement and show that to Fox / CC and be able to say its not just Geek #1 or Geekess #2 on a sheet of paper that wants it back but say Terry O'Quinn replies we can put his name or quote on the hard copy.

## Who would we send all this to all we need are names.

## Does CC really want this to happen or is he just hiding behind Fox, you know the whole if I cant do it I dont want someone else to take the credit if it is a success.

## Show CC / Fox the shows that have been succesful using elements of MillenniuM, Tv / film types cant imagine anything unless they can compare it.

We need a general consensus and adding names to online petition has been done, now something else has to take place.

I'm sure you guys have some things to add or some questions I have missed, I really believe that we need to come together and push forward and use this anniversary in our favour.

"the future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."

Edited by medication77

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Homer B. Petty
Perhaps I'll be kicked off Tiwwa for saying this ( :tongue: ), but...

I DON'T WANT A MILLENNIUM FILM!

The X-Files film was a very enjoyable film, but if they ever did anything like that with Millennium, I'd go frickin' POSTAL!

Or worse still, they would probably make some awful, MOR, Seven/ Kiss the Girls clone. It would inevitably lack the depth of the series, because it would be produced by soulless execs... "hey man, lose some of the frowning; the kids don't like frowning..." "yeah, and the killer... his eyes should be, ya know, a little shiftier..."

Or maybe they'd take the 'conspiracy' angle; which will see our hero Frank (now played by Orlando Bloom) travel the globe trying to prevent the imminent apocalypse....

I havent signed the petition, nor am I going to, so I guess I'll have to face the consequences... :arguing:

:ouro: (still a fan)

I have to confess that I'm with you on this. A Millennium movie would definately suck. (AVP) you know what happens to good ideas that stew for years and years. A much better idea would be to continue the series and expand the characters, bring back some classics rather than try and bring a sense of closure via a feature length movie (think that's just like watching owls and roosters) with an hour and a half the best that could be done would be to pose more questions and this I think would please noone. And that's after the soulless execs have done their best to remove anything of any value for the show! Chris Carter please, have you got something better going on?

Guest elithia_caymen
I have to confess that I'm with you on this. A Millennium movie would definately suck. (AVP) you know what happens to good ideas that stew for years and years. A much better idea would be to continue the series and expand the characters, bring back some classics rather than try and bring a sense of closure via a feature length movie (think that's just like watching owls and roosters) with an hour and a half the best that could be done would be to pose more questions and this I think would please noone. And that's after the soulless execs have done their best to remove anything of any value for the show! Chris Carter please, have you got something better going on?

I'd have to agree too...I want a series. One film could never do jutice to those characters. I don't think anything will come of anything though, I mean look what happened with 'the night stalker' series. Interesting how we love the characters and story so much we want to see it happen again. I guess Millenium was a sort of respite in a way for a lot of us for a little while. Strange though, as I mentioned in another post, with all the "supernatural" series out, it might be a good time to take a second look at expanding some aspect of the Millenium series, like Jordan's story.

• 5 months later...

Well, I've signed the petition (I'm Josh Burgess BTW:) ). Hopefully the bigwigs at Fox will eventually see the light. I mean seriously, Millennium fans are among some of the most dedicated I've ever seen. The fanbase for the movie is there (as proven by the DVD sales). Fingers crossed people.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Well, I've signed the petition (I'm Josh Burgess BTW:) ). Hopefully the bigwigs at Fox will eventually see the light. I mean seriously, Millennium fans are among some of the most dedicated I've ever seen. The fanbase for the movie is there (as proven by the DVD sales). Fingers crossed people.

I keep hoping, but I am guarding my optimism. If Chris Carter was on board, if they could get Terry O'Quinn to participate, and then maybe throw in a new face that would generate some interest, I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be an audience for it. If they came up with a good story, you would think a film with the Frank Black character would be just as intriguing as the recently released "Zodiac". Even more so. However, as has been brought up before, I think it would be more likely that, if Chris Carter were to commit to a motion picture, it would be a new X-files movie. By the way, welcome to the forum, it is fun to see someone introduce themselves with their first post, even 10 years after this show first aired and 7 years after it was canceled. And with this post, I will become an old man..... here goes..... drum roll...... drrrr drrrr drrrr.