Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest lilblackgirl

In an interview on Moviehole, Frank Spotnitz states:

Question: On another note, any chance of a Millennium film in the future?

Answer: It’s funny, Chris and I have done a lot of appearances over the last seven months, and we’re always - always!- asked about a Millennium movie. Funnily enough, there doesn’t seem to be any interest on the part of the studio [Laughs]. It’s something we would definitely be interested in, but it’s going to take a massive appeal by fans to get it up.

I guess we need to get our cheering section together and let them know we're interested.

link: https://www.moviehole.net/2008/07/20/exclus...ank-spotnitz-3/

Edited by lilblackgirl

That's more like it, heaps more galvanising than other comments made. Y'know guys we need a Jericho and the Peanuts scenario methinks. Maybe we create a campaign where fans of Millennium mail Polaroid snaps to the studios with a reguest for the movie written on the back. We could even create a dedicated webpage to the campaign and create banners and buttons to use on forums to promote the site as much as possible?

Just off the top of my head.....

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.
Maybe we create a campaign where fans of Millennium mail Polaroid snaps to the studios with a reguest for the movie written on the back.

Polaroids of their wives and children? Now come on... that's wouldn't be very civil of us, would it? ........... although it would work! Just sayin'.

Do I seem like an unhinged serial killer to you Laran lol? Of course not of their families, merely random images that need not be of anything in particular - just trying to think of something Millenniumistic that we could do to ape the Jericho campaign.

That said we could simply abduct the executives and demand a movie whilst brandishing hot irons and teeth extracting tools about. Usually gets me what I want ;)

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

That said we could simply abduct the executives and demand a movie whilst brandishing hot irons and teeth extracting tools about. Usually gets me what I want ;)

I admire your style, Eth! Could I borrow you next time I really want to torture somebody (like whoever devises the "helpful" system when you need to phone a large organisation).

The polaroid idea is intriguing, though. There's no harm in telling people what we'd like, as long as it's done in a civilised fashioned, and polaroids could be interesting enough, at least for whoever opens the mail!

Guest Estrella_16
Do I seem like an unhinged serial killer to you Laran lol? Of course not of their families, merely random images that need not be of anything in particular - just trying to think of something Millenniumistic that we could do to ape the Jericho campaign.

Eth

Hi everyone! :hiya: I just sent a question to Spotniz and his team, it should have been of an X Files related topic, but it somehow changed into "Please make a Millenium movie!". hehe...

The only thing I did about it was to sign a petition some months ago, like I did with The X Files. It worked for TXF, why wouldnt it work with MM too? But still, reading what Spotniz said, and knowing that MM was not as popular as XF...We should come up with something cool, and get as many fans as there are in as many countries as we can.

There're lots of people here in Arg that watched MilleniuM and loved it, and I'm sure they've already signed up that petition.

We recently had Carter and Spotniz in Chile (of course I couldn't go to the expo...) and certainly there must be some MM fans over there too. And Brasil is too big to not have any fan at all :fool:

Maybe if we succeed in telling them they have fans all over the world, Fox executives will revise the project? :clapping:

Chinese pple, I'm also sure there must be a lot of them who like MM, or it Millenium wouldnt be in Tudou, and all those Youtube-like things on the web :p. But unfortunately, I don't speak Chinese...

Anyway, just a couple of ideas to share.

By the way, I Turned 19 last 16 July! :D It's my mum's bday too lol, and now I see it's Eths bday too! Happy Birthday and many more! :birthdaygifts: Though a week late...:p...

Hoping to see Frank Black sometime on teh big screen... :rock2:

Carla

Yes, we can all swoon over how the phoenix known as Jericho rose from the ashes, but a quick check of imdb shows the ugly reality..The first season finished in its entirety with 22 episodes. The "revived from the dead" 2nd season ended after just 7. So even with the thousands of pleas sent in by supporters, there STILL was not enough of a fan base for it to survive. The hope we have is that XF2 wildly exceeds all expectations. We will just have to wait and see..

4th Horseman