Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Dearest 4th,

Whilst we may swoon over the late and lamented ashes of 'Jericho' it is a startling depiction of the power of fandom and no-one is suggesting that such measures be taken in order to ensure, or even suggest, that a full Season of episodes be created as was their aim during the campaign. I remember, in recent times, that you created a very enjoyable thread that asked Millennium fans if they would start a campaign such as 'Moonlight' fans did that had them sending blood to studio executives, well here is such a thread that discusses that possibility. As it has been noted in numerous threads: there is a belief that 'Millennium' could live on as a direct to DVD franchise and since it is evident that CC and FS have espoused a desire to see this franchise continue and have elucidated that the stumbling block rests with the Studios, the Millennium Community should respond with creativity and galvanise its efforts to raise the profile of our cause. In recent posts the Millennium creative team have all but 'asked' that the MM fanbase to rally to their cause. We either lambaste such efforts or support them and my own leaning is that in proclaiming your support for Millennium you are relishing the thing you love and 'comparatives' or 'potentials' should not prevent you from doing so.

I realise I am probably in a niche group of members who is willing to wave the standard despite the potential outcome but here's hoping such a campaign can be started in order that we show a little Millennium mettle after all these years of loving it.

Best wishes,

Eth

Grab your camera, photograph your house and fight for Millennium. Methinks I should PM my angel Erin as she has a perfect 'Yellow House' ready for photographing :)

i dont recall ever lambasting anyones efforts or hopes. With that said, I shall refrain from any further posts on this issue, suffice to say i have the same desire for a rebirth of the series just as much as anyone here..whether it be in movie, series or direct to DVD format...i have signed the petition here at TIWWA and will continue to hope for good news....

4th Horseman

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm all for a campaign of some sort, and this photo thing sounds good, as well as the thoughts and enthusiasm that donkeyjote expressed on another thread. Let's just do it! :rock2:

Hi gang,

Does anyone think that to give this any chance of success, however remote the possibility, this needs to be incredibly well orchestrated? It needs some sort of action plan and campaign leader (anyone willing?) to conduct the campaign and oversee the implementation of it. Methinks we will need to consider publicity and alert as many people as possible to the campaign. As dear 4th noted Millennium makes few ripples beyond the forum and we need to reach out to as many Philes and genre aficionados as possible to support us in generating sufficient numbers to get us noticed. Youtube would be a good way of accessing the world at large if a short video could be produced that introduced the campaign and contained details of how to support it and if we decide to 'go for it' those with websites or who are members of other forums could promote the campaign where they are able.

Of course this is just me waxing lyrical but there may be someone out there with right amount of ideas and energy to oversee a campaign and make it work. Anyone not indebted with work and family fancy giving it some thought?

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest donkeyjote

Eth,

I am giving it some serious thought. I think I could work ten times as well with someone else, though.

For the moment, I'm trying to get everyone on facebook I know (or don't know! :tongue: ) to join. Lots of people have signed the petition these days!

Edited by donkeyjote

Guest ZeusFaber

While polaroid campaigns and petitions certainly cant hurt by any means, I think the best thing people can do is to buy as many tickets to The X-Files: I Want to Believe as they can reasonably afford, and drag as many friends with you as you can. For movie studios, money talks.

• Elders (Moderators)

I was just thinking (remembering earlier discussions on the MM movie); it is true that Millennium the tv-series is not nearly as widely known as the XF.. but does that really matter?

If a movie gets made, it probably won't be called "Millennium" anyway. So, it could be done in a way that would satisfy us old fans somehow, but also create an interest among completely new audiences.