Region 1 Millennium DVD Complete Series News

Rate this topic

TIWWA

• Elders (Moderators)

Its been a very long time since we got excited about some Millennium DVD release news, since all three seasons of Chris Carter's darkest TV series to date have been available on DVD format for some time.

Yesterday however, the excellent TV Shows On DVD reported that Amazon.com had a new complete 3 season box set advertised for pre-order with a release date of October 28th 2008. The excellent price of $49.99 seems to have risen slightly since then, and is at the time of posting now at $51.99 but as Gord Lacey points out, this is a huge saving on the price of separate season box sets for anyone who yet to purchase them or wants to add this to their collection.

Details are non-existent at the moment but we at Millennium - This is who we are expect this to be the long awaited region 1 release of the Millennium: The Complete DVD Collection box set that was released on region 2 format in Europe long ago on Monday, October 31, 2005. US based fans of the series were originally disappointed that the full season box set was not available to them at the time.

View the original article

Do you know I share a little of Darkie's expectancy here. Whilst it is probably nothing more than a ploy to cash in on whatever re-interest XF2 generates for Carter's work there could also be an intention to test the current state of Millennium's popularity. Either way it's nice that something 'Millennium' is happening at all and with the announcement that Mark Snow's work is set for release and a whole new group of fans who saw it for the first time on UK TV recently it could mark something of a renaissance for our beloved franchise.

Best wishes,

Eth

PS I think Legion Bot is quite cute as far as demons go. Some nice threads and some stylish facial hair and he could be quite a catch :)

Guest Demolition Man

Nice to see this finally getting an complete series release. I suspect there won't be any new extras so at least for me I don't need to sell my current boxsets to get this one.