Confirmation Of All 3 Seasons?

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

This was posted on zetaminor.com:

harsh_059.jpg

After an agonising wait, while Fox and Carter's company Ten Thirteen Productions concentrated their efforts on getting nine seasons of The X-Files released, Millennium's first season will be released on July the 12th.

The six-disc Millennium set contains all twenty-two episodes of the first season, which starred Lance Henriksen as Frank Black, an ex-FBI criminal profiler with an empathic 'gift' for getting inside the mind of serial killers. The first season set will present the episodes in 4:3 format (the show was protected for widescreen, but the 4:3 format seems to be the preferred ratio), with 2.0 audio. The set will include two Chris Carter commentary tracks (on the Pilot episode and Gehenna), a fifty-three minute documentary, Order in Chaos - Making Millennium Season One, two featurettes, Chasing The Dragon: A Conversation With The Academy Group (23m) and Creating The Logo and Title Sequence (8m), and eight Pilot episode TV spots. The set will also contain two Inside Look featurettes, on I Robot and Alien Versus Predator. The set has an RRP of £39.99.

Fox seem bullish about Millennium's prospects on DVD. There's an advert, above, on the Harsh Realm disc that promises that all three seasons will be released (you can see a larger version here). Although there's a hardcore audience that will certainly buy all three seasons if they're released, each season was quite different, and has its own subset of fans.

Both series will feature English HoH subtitles.

That's an adveritsement in the R2 Harsh Realm set. It looks like R2 will be getting the complete series. Let's hope for R1.

Guest Regan MacNeil

That ad looks awesome! What does "the show was protected for widescreen, but the 4:3 format seems to be the preferred ratio" mean? Does "protected for widescreen" mean it was shot in widescreen? Also, what is zetaminor.com, I tried to go there but my computer wouldn't take me there for some reason. AWESOME, AWESOME NEWS!

• Elders (Moderators)
That ad looks awesome! What does "the show was protected for widescreen, but the 4:3 format seems to be the preferred ratio" mean? Does "protected for widescreen" mean it was shot in widescreen? Also, what is zetaminor.com, I tried to go there but my computer wouldn't take me there for some reason. AWESOME, AWESOME NEWS!

I expect someone with more technical knowledge than I have will be along shortly to explain "protected for widescreen" but as I understand it, it means it's filmed in widescreen, but intended to be shown in the 4:3 format (since that's the usual format for US TVs). They protect for widescreen so if it's shown in that format, there isn't any extraneous stuff that gets caught on camera by mistake.

I found the best way to understand all this came from one of those "behind the scenes" - in this case the one that Vince Gilligan did for the X-Files episode "X-Cops". He pointed out the two monitors the director used: they were both widescreen-shaped, but one had tape down each side so the visible screen was 4:3 - the director could check that everything that needed to be framed for 4:3 was included (so no-one was standing too far away from centre so all you could see was their nose), but there was nothing on the extra bits on the widescreen format that shouldn't be there (i.e. a bored crewmember yawning).

As for www.zetaminor.com: It says on its home page "Zeta Minor is a UK-based site created by - and for - DVD enthusiasts. Our aim is to bring you the latest news about forthcoming DVD releases, disc reviews, and information on cult and neglected TV series."

If your computer won't take you there, try putting the "www" in front (although most browsers should be able to figure that out). If you managed to get to the home page but no further, you might have been a bit confused (as I was) by the lack of links - you need to click on the picture next to each section of text. Although, having said that, the link to Cult TV works but there isn't a subsequent link to Millennium as that's labelled "soon".

But if you can get that far, click on "Catweazle", especially the introduction. I vaguely remember this strange children's show (I mean the show was strange, not the children, although ...). I love the start of the introduction: "Catweazle was a series that began with a name painted on a gatepost, spotted by the series’ creator Richard Carpenter when he got lost in the Sussex countryside on the way to his brother-in-law’s turkey farm." :bigsmile:

Guest WaveCrest

If that's what the S3 cover looks like, cool. I'd like to see what the middle one is, for S2 I guess. So the cover for Season 1 which is the same nearly as the VHS cover for the two episode volume that contained The Judge is going to be the cover and not the previously final cover. This new one is alright.

Good that they're all similar in design which makes it look all right, something done with other TV show releases if put all together as with Millennium.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest se7en

...call me paranoid but i am a wee bit suspicious of that photo as S3 "appears"-(it's kinda hard to tell)-to have a picture of lara means on the front cover,which makes no sense at all for obvious reasons. (??) ...it's easy for anyone to create these images so until i get the official confirmation i'll hold off on my junilation just yet.-(though i am convinced they will all be released eventually)

~se7en :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Its hard to tell but I don't think its Lara Means. The first thing that I noticed about the Season 3 box is that they adopted the blue hue to reflect Season 3, just like the un-official Season 3 DVD-R release deluxe covers. Cool!

Guest Dixon
...call me paranoid but i am a wee bit suspicious of that photo as S3 "appears"-(it's kinda hard to tell)-to have a picture of lara means on the front cover,which makes no sense at all for obvious reasons. (??) ...it's easy for anyone to create these images so until i get the official confirmation i'll hold off on my junilation just yet.-(though i am convinced they will all be released eventually)

The image you're refering to, if I'm not mistaken, is in fact a photograph of Emma Hollis' sister, Tamra Caffrey. (Frank is on the left, Tamra on the right, and that odd bluish shape in between is Emma with a flashlight.) While this may seems surprising, it's because the artwork for the DVD cover is taken from artwork that was prepared for the Japanese release of the show's third season on video. The image for the first season box set was taken from the UK release of Millennium's first season on video. As the second and third seasons saw no video release in Britain, it seems as if the Region 2 box sets will take their artwork from Fox's Japanese video releases. (This isn't surprising as the artwork for the Region 2 release of Harsh Realm, also, was taken directly from Japanese releases of the series.)

Check out the artwork in the Japanese advertisements below...

https://www.fourthhorseman.com/Abyss/Download/Japan4.jpg

https://www.fourthhorseman.com/Abyss/Download/Japan4a.jpg

https://www.fourthhorseman.com/Abyss/Download/Japan4b.jpg

Imagine that. They may have chosen an image from the most hated Millennium episode of all time to represent the Region 2 release of the show's third season.

Guest se7en

....yeah but the official japanese lasers for S3 there is no cover like that at all. it is completely different,thankfully-lol. ....if they go with this as the image to respresent the season I will be royaly pissed. ...and I agree the image is from a truly horrid episode. I almost hate it as much "the time is the now".

GRA: yeah,it's getting downright weird: first the U.S. S1 release does the double-oro like "ernie" did for S2,then blue theme for S3,which was my idea for the homemade inserts as there is no blue theme on the lasers,now seems,if the photo is accurate,to reflect our project as well. I keep telling myself it co-incidence,and it likely is,but it's still WEIRD weird. and without meaning to sound ****y i do think our 18-inserts designs will hold up to anything fox will do if these images are any indication. -(course they could still do something exciting with the disc artwork).(??)

~human effervessence :gaba: ,

se7en :ouro:

Guest The Frenchman
....yeah but the official japanese lasers for S3 there is no cover like that at all. it is completely different,thankfully-lol.  ....

se7en :ouro:

I know you own the precious laserdiscs but I must disagree....

Look at the fifth disc of the third season :

mil3v2_g.jpg

Isn't it the same picture ???

Edited by The Frenchman