Millennium box set on Blu-ray?

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest lilblackgirl

now that we've got a full box set coming, has anyone heard discussion of releasing it on bluray?

• Elders (Admins)

LOL! I've been thinking about that myself. I hope one day it happens, but as Blu-ray players are still so expensive and the market is so small, I don't think (to Fox) it would be financially worth the show getting a Blu-ray release yet. Even the top selling 24 has yet to be released on hi-def format to date.

I just bought a new Panasonic 42" Plasma tv myself and I got Sky+HD to go with it. The HDTV programs are as breathtaking as I hoped they would be and I'd love to see Millennium in 1080p. For now though, I imagine until players come down in price and the show hopefully gets a Blu-ray release, exchanging your DVD player for a modern one that supports 1080 upscaling via HDMI would be the way to go, and get the very best out of the show.

Nice to hear from you again, btw!

Also, I believe this will be popular question and topic for discussion over the next few years, so I've edited you topic's title slightly to improve search engine performance. Hope you don't mind.

Regards,

Graham

Guest betweenthelines

If Fox ever puts the series on Blu-ray, here's hoping they decide to stock up on the special features this time. I could do with more commentaries and episode promotional spots.

• 1 month later...
Guest Laurent.

I don't know.. amazon has the following episode list:

Season 1: Disc 1: **Millenium Season 1 Episodes (Disc 1) *Pilot with Commentary by Creator/Writer/Executive Producer Chris Carter *Gehenna with Commentary by Director David Nutter *Dead Letters

Disc 2: **Millenium Season 1 episodes (Disc 2) *Kingdom Come *Blood Relatives

Disc 3: **Millenium Season 1 episodes (Disc 3) **Wide Open *The Wild and the Innocent *Weeds *Loin Like a Hunting Flame

Disc 4: **Millenium Season 1 episodes (Disc 4) *Force Majeure *The Thin White Line *Sacrament *Covenant

Disc 5: **Millenium Season 1 episodes (Disc 5) *Walkabout *Lamentation *Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions *Broken World

Disc 6: **Millenium Season 1 episodes (Disc 6) *Maranatha *Paper Dove

And disc 7 moves on to the second season... where are The Judge, 52666 and The Well-Worn Lock??!?!

19:19 is also missing from the second season episode list... what the hell's going on?

Guest Laurent.
i emailed fox, and they replied by posting the same list as amazon. are they only listing the episodes with special features?

Then every episode would have special features except the four I listed? I'm doubtful...

Guest dinosaurx

after going back and forth with them, my understanding is that there are only 19 episodes from season 1. granted, the email exchange was like pulling teeth.

Guest Laurent.

What? How stupid is that?

Could it be because of political issues due to the so-called "war on terror". There are surely link to be seen between actual events and 19:19 and 52666... but not the other two...

I wonder what's going on...