Vote Lara

Rate this topic

Eth's Science Fictio Double Feature  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Gang,

As Kristen Cloke's Birthday is on the horizon it is my intention to celebrate this with a bit of lonesome Millennium viewing, some fat free eggnog and two types of bread. My intention is to have a Lara 'Science Fiction - Double Feature' and as my list of possibles is in daily flux I thought a vote might help me make up my mind as well as put Miss Means in the spot light. So I have created a poll hoping that you will case your vote for the best Larasode of Season Two. It matters not what your criteria is or even if you choose not to add any comments but I'm hoping you will at least cast a vote for the episode she appears in that you enjoy the most. The top two will be my choice of viewing on the night and who knows I might even tempt a few of you to join me.

Best wishes,

Eth

Dear Friend,

My gut instinct was 'Anamnesis' though I wavered over 'Midnight of the Century' (the 'hands meeting' moment) and Siren for its delicious 'Lara snake-eyes Catherine moment'. In truth I ask the board to forgive my own obsessions but it is wonderful that you have taken the time to vote 'Anamnesis'.

Best wishes,

Eth

eth my friend...think of this analogy. The new X-Files movie to some is like another buying a brand new car. Eyed for a long time, savoring the anticipation, counting the days, then finally, VOILA!!! It arrives, that raptureous moment when it all comes together. Like an endorphin rush, you remain giddy for a while. Then slowly, the luster starts to fade, or more succiently put, the mustard comes off the hot dog....I suspect that at the moment we are in an X-Files feeding frenzy, even though its success can be argued. (certainly domestically it was a complete flop bringing in only 17M, 13M shy of breaking even). Fortunately, it appears that the "savior" of this movie will be the international take as it appears to be at the moment at 22M, which equals a grand total take so far of 39M. I dont think its a matter of rocket science to think that those totals will go up, just how much remains to be seen..

....my vote for anamnesis was based on a couple of things:

1. The intricate discussion Lara has with Catherine on the school steps about Frank and his gift

2. The confrontation with Ben Fisher as a member of The Family...his demeanor was so cold and arrogant...

3. The ending where she hands Catherine the supposed DNA match of Jesus and Claire and tells her that the group should not have all the proof, or something to that effect...

the other epis i thought were excellent, but putting everything together, i just think anamnesis rocks..

4th Horseman

• Elders (Moderators)

My vote went to 19:19, mainly because of this:

"Well in the next few minutes we'll know whether we should've just beat the hell out of him.(...) Here's my thing. I'm results oriented." :notworthy::rock2:

Thanks for your votes Guys,

I must admit that Anamnesis screams to be considered the pinacle of her character's arc and to my mind is one of the finest episodes of the second series. I must admit it is nice to have 4th cast his more objective gaze over her narrative as my smitten status has me revelling even in the bits when she doesn't speak. My only irk with Anamnesis is the subsequent demise of Ben Fisher which, whilst absolutely essential in order that the narrative find conclusion, robs us of such an intriguing character. Though I accept his lines are a paraphrase of Gnostic tracts I have lost count of the number of times members have included them in posts. I am surprised to see Siren doing as well as it is and though I would guess this is largely due to the 'jealousy' scene I hope members who have voted for it will share their reasoning for doing so.

Looks like I am heading for a repeat of Anamnesis and that's no bad thing at all.

Best wishes,

Eth

Though I also love that 1919 quote, my pick had to be "Midnight". She was even more lovely than ever, and I always enjoy seeing the more tender, vulnerable side of her in regards to Frank.

Thanks for your vote Erin and it's lovely to see you around. Here's hoping a few more will cast your votes in the poll. With every episode tying for joint second it would nice to have a decisive second place.

Best wishes,

Eth

• 5 months later...