Lone Gunmen's deaths

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

I remember my exact thoughts after the first airing of the gunmen's death in Jump the Shark and, as I was wandering through the wasteland that is the IMDB boards, I saw a lot of "why the **** did they kill them off?", which I think I can answer.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, but here's my thing:

The Lone Gunmen, from their introduction into The X-Files' world in EBE, represented the fandom of the show; geeky, intelligent, socially misfits, conspiracy theorists and fan of science fiction that covered a variety of age and profession. After the cancellation of the Gunmen's series, and the loss in X-Files' ratings, the minds of 1013 probably thought that their fan base was dying (you see where I'm going right?) and maybe it was time for the "three fans that made it into the shows' world" to also move on to something else. It's not a mere coincidence that the episode was titled "Jump the Shark", another reference to the loss of viewers.

At least they died as they deserved, as unknown heroes.

I think I may have posted this somewhere, probably lost in another thread. I guess I wanted it to be expressed clearly. If you have any thoughts, feel free to comment!

Dear Laran,

I adore the Gunmen and dare to proclaim the series ranks higher than the X-Files in my estimation. So committed was I that I tinkered around and created my own tribute album and am geekly proud to own the Fox promotional CD for the series that I have never even released from its sealed prison. I remember during the height of Gunmen-Love how many commented on the infamous coffin scene which depicted three identical coffins for three distinctly different individuals and how many hoped that the lack of bodies was a promising augury that they would return. Alas not to be but how fine were they?

I think I must be the only member of this board who loved Jimmy and Yves, Yves visiting Jimmy in the clink in Maximum Byers - sheer brilliance.

Bring on the Clown Car.

Eth

Oh eck :helpme:

Not another one? I'm already emotionally exhausted thanks to Lance and his rumours of a Millennium Movie without daring to invest in Dean and his rumours of a Lone Gunmen Movie. I'm half expecting Scott Bairstow to sow seeds of expectation for a Harsh Realm movie. Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound, is this rumoured to be an independent production Laran? I am sure I have read that it is likely not to be a direct sequel to the events of The Lone Gunmen rather an independent, low budget parody written by Haglund?

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.
Oh eck :helpme:

Not another one? I'm already emotionally exhausted thanks to Lance and his rumours of a Millennium Movie without daring to invest in Dean and his rumours of a Lone Gunmen Movie. I'm half expecting Scott Bairstow to sow seeds of expectation for a Harsh Realm movie. Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound, is this rumoured to be an independent production Laran? I am sure I have read that it is likely not to be a direct sequel to the events of The Lone Gunmen rather an independent, low budget parody written by Haglund?

Best wishes,

Eth

Here's the "news", I'll try to find a better link than a blog haha. Haglund did co-wrote a script for a Lone Gunmen movie... but I don't think anything has been done in terms of production for now.

I'm especially interested in knowing who co-wrote the script with Haglund and who will direct it (Tom Braidwood?).

We already have a discussion about this movie when HPD originally reported the news: What? LoneGunMan Movie? (sic).

Fox is not involved.