XF:IWTB on blu-ray and dvd

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

From Blu-ray.com, about the blu-ray edition of IWTB:

Fox Home Entertainment has announced that 'The X-Files: I Want to Believe' will be their first Blu-ray title to make use of BD-Live features. Due to be released on December 2nd, day-and-date with the DVD release, the disc will include many web-based features as well as a BonusView commentary with director Chris Carter.

The first BD-Live feature, called "The X-Files Dossier", will allow users to create a special-agent avatar that can browse through Agent Dakota Whitney's case files on clairvoyance and post their own notes and theories. Viewers will also have the ability to help Agent Drummy solve several forensic challenges. These challenges are expected to be posted weekly for first few weeks of release.

In addition to the above mentioned BD-Live and BonusView features, the disc will also include an interactive timeline featuring more than 80 video clip segments from the franchise's archives.

Fox Home Entertainment Announces First BD-Live Enhanced Title - The X-Files: I Want To Believe on Dec. 2nd

To Find the Truth and Uncover the Secrets, You Must Believe!

The X-Files: I Want To Believe

David Duchovny And Gillian Anderson Return As Agents Mulder And Scully In The Supernatural Thriller From Series Creator Chris Carter Available December 2nd On Special Edition DVD And Blu-ray Disc With Digital Copy From Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment

--Blu-ray Disc Marks The Studio’s First Ever BD-Live Release With Advanced Interactive Experience--

CENTURY CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The truth is finally out there on DVD and Blu-ray! Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment presents The X-Files: I Want To Believe, a gripping feature film based on the global phenomenon that descends onto DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD) on December 2nd. Marking the Studio’s first foray into BD-Live, The X-Files: I Want To Believe BD release takes full advantage of the high-def format’s “web-enhanced” functionality with exclusive features, games, additional content and connectivity to other BD-Live users and X-Files fans nationwide. “The X-Files Dossier” allows BD-Live connected users to create their own Special Agent avatar that can browse through Agent Dakota Whitney’s case files on clairvoyance and post their own notes and theories to her files online and download other profiles directly to their BD player memory files; plus fans can become an agent-in-training by helping Agent Drummy solve several forensic challenges (with new cases posted weekly to the studio supported BD-Live web portal for the first several weeks of release). Additional BD-exclusive features include picture-in-picture commentary with series creator Chris Carter and producer Frank Spotnitz along with “The X-Files” Complete Interactive Timeline on-screen track chronicling the entire series mythology.

Plus fans can also delve deeper than ever before with “The Ultimate X-Phile Edition” DVD and BD packed with over three hours of bonus features content including an unrated “Extended Cut” of the film with never-before-seen footage seamlessly branched back into the movie plus the all-new feature-length documentary “Trust No One” that reveals exciting secrets about “The X-Files” universe.

“Releasing The X-Files: I Want To Believe as our first BD-Live release was a natural,” noted Mary Daily, Executive Vice President, North America Marketing. “One of the most compelling elements of The X-Files franchise is how the mythology inspires fans to create and share their own theories about the characters and storylines. The extras on this release take full advantage of the BD-Live technology and bring that interactive experience to a level never before possible.”

A standalone story described as a “skillful thriller” (Roger Ebert; Chicago Sun-Times) that picks up six years after the series ended, The X-Files: I Want To Believe finds Fox Mulder (David Duchovny; “Californication”) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson; The Last King of Scotland) reunited after leaving their careers at the F.B.I. behind them. Forgotten by their former employer that ignored their unique investigations, the duo is called upon once again when several women begin to disappear and body parts turn up buried in the snow of the Virginia wilderness. With Mulder’s steadfast belief in the paranormal and Scully’s ever present skepticism, the investigation leads them to a shocking discovery that tests their faith and questions what is truly possible. Directed by series creator Chris Carter (“Millennium”) from a story he penned with executive producer Frank Spotnitz, The X-Files: I Want To Believe features an ensemble cast that includes Billy Connolly (The Boondock Saints), Amanda Peet (“Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip”), Xzibit (Gridiron Gang, 8 Mile) and the return of series veteran Mitch Pileggi as F.B.I Assistant Director Walter Skinner.

The X-Files: I Want To Believe will be available on single-disc DVD for $29.98 U.S. / $43.48 Canada; the three-disc Special Edition DVD with Digital Copy will be priced at $34.98 U.S. / $45.98 Canada and the BD-Live enabled Blu-ray Disc with Digital Copy for $39.99 U.S. / $49.98 Canada.

Synopsis:

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny re-team to unravel a bizarre case right out of “The X-Files.” Amidst an eerily deceptive calm, F.B.I. agent Monica Bannan is abducted. Not only does the search for the missing woman ignite sparks between partners Scully (Anderson) and Mulder (Duchovny), it defies the boundaries of science, the supernatural and the terrifying spaces in between!

DVD Specs:

The X-Files: I Want To Believe single-disc and Special Edition DVDs are presented in widescreen (2.40:1 aspect ratio) with English 5.1 Dolby Surround and Spanish/French Dolby Surround, plus English and Spanish subtitles. Individual disc bonus features as follows:

Single-Disc DVD

-- Includes both the Theatrical Version and Unrated Extended Cut of the film

-- Audio commentary by Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz

--

Body Parts: Special Make-up Effects featurette

--

Chris Carter: Statements on Green Production featurette

-- Deleted Scenes

--

Gag Reel

-- Music Slideshow - "Dying 2 Live" by Xzibit

-- Theatrical Trailers

-- Still Galleries

--

Collectibles

-- Storyboards

-- Concept Art

-- Unit Photography

Three-Disc “The Ultimate X-Phile Edition” DVD

Includes all of the above single-disc content plus the following additional bonus features:

--

Trust No One: Can The X-Files Remain A Secret? feature-length documentary

-- Part 1 - "You Can Go Home Again"

-- Part 2 - "Misinformation"

-- Part 3 - "Don't Give Up"

-- Digital Copy of the film for portable media players

Blu-ray Disc Specs:

The X-Files: I Want To Believe BD is presented in widescreen (2.40:1 aspect ratio) on a 50GB dual-layer disc authored in BD-J with AVC (MPEG 4) compression with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French / Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital. The BD includes all of the above standard-def DVD special features, plus the following BD-exclusive elements:

-- BD-Live web-enabled content

--

The X-Files Dossier: Agent Dakota Whitney Files - create your own Special Agent avatar profile to browse through 5 "X-Files" case files on clairvoyance; users can also participate in several online forensic challenges with Agent Drummy

-- BonusView mode

--

The X-Files Complete Interactive Timeline - featuring over 80 video clip segments from "The X-Files" archives

--

Picture-in-picture commentary with Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz1

--

In-Movie Features via BD remote direct access1

-- Real-time Index (Red Button)

-- BonusView Commentary (Green Button)

-- Behind The Camera (Blue Button)

-- Storyboards and Concept Art (Yellow Button)

-- Isolated Score track

-- Enhanced for D-Box Motion Code systems

-- Digital Copy of the film for portable media players

1available on the Extended Cut version only

SOURCE: https://www.mitchpileggi.net/X_Files_I_Want...TB_Blu_Ray.html