Duchovny in rehab

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Yep, I just read about this elsewhere. I'm sorry for him and his family, but at least he's getting treatment now. I hope he'll get better soon.

Guest Laurent.

That's sad... I wonder if rehabs work well in these kind of cases. I hope for him though... and pray that his wife (Tea Leoni) won't get more than her fair share of paparazzi because of this.

Yeah I clocked this on Sky News,

I feel so utterly sorry for the man. Any other addiction inspires empathy and concern in others yet I fear that those who proclaim an addiction such as this are ridiculed and treated luridly and disrespectfully by the media and the world at large. David has done an extremely difficult thing, to declare himself a sufferer of a potentially mirth-inspiring condition and I hope he is allowed the time and space to heal without having to deal with the sleaze hungry hounds of the gutter press.

Get well soon mister, we are all rooting for ya!

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

I feel sorry for his children. They will both be starting new schools soon as the family has recently relocated to New York. So they've got to cope with a new house, new school where they don't know anyone, plus the paparazzi and the tabloid press who are bound to be trying to make money out of this story. Their son is probably young enough to be sheltered, but even if their daughter doesn't know at present there's bound to be other kids in her class who do. A really sad time for the Duchovnys.

You're absolutely right Blackoil,

I have been trying to follow this in the British media as best I can and it's fascinating the way they are choosing to report it. In every article or news report I have ever seen, David has always been referred to as Mulder from the X-Files yet today he is suddenly David Duchovny from the sex shows Californication and The Red Shoe Diaries. Utterly bizarre how they have forgotten the one role they have never allowed him to forget.

Best wishes,

Eth