Los Angeles Serial Killer

Rate this topic

Guest Watts

Over the course of 20 years he's killed 11-

https://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ki...,0,334507.story

Very unique in that he's been active over such a long period of time, sporatic. Also he's described as being a black man. His choice of weapon is a pistol.

The women's he kills were working as prostitues.

He dumps the bodies like trash. In one case even covering one with a garbage bag.

Edited by Watts

BEER----> Having been born in Los Angeles, there are probably a few 'Serials' around. The area they talk about has one of the highest, if not the highest crime and murder rates. A 'Serial' killer could go undetected for decades. You know what, I wouldn't be that area when the sun starts to go down. Even the locals stay put - sorry state of affairs.

I moved out of Los Angeles a number of years ago.

BELCH

BEER----> I didn't live in that area, Los Angeles just got too big. Just as Orange County is now, but without the crime. It's too hard to give up the beautiful weather and business conditions to leave Southern California.

Now about a fictional seial killer - Dexter's the man.

BELCH

When I first heard about 'Dexter', I dind't think the writers would be able to make a simpathetic serial killer, but they succeeded. Great show.

Sorry i didnt the read the article but is this the serial killer that has never been caught for the past 15-20 years with gaps in the middle and now he has been killing again? i think he has been known as the sleeping killer, comes through the window and kills those asleep

This guy's a real oddity, besides that fact that he's a killer. Yes, he's been killing for over 20 years with (seemingly) many years between kills. He targets mostly black women, but has also been linked to the death of 1 black man as well. He also sexually assaults his victims. I can only assume the one male victim got in the way. The time between killings may not be what it appears. These are only the cases the LAPD have discovered. If it took the police years to find evidence that he commited a murder doesn't mean he wasn't killing in between.

He's also a "shooter", his weapon of choice is a pistol.

In 1988 he raped a woman, shot her and left her for dead, but she survived and gave the police a description. He's a black male and at the time was driving an orange Ford Pinto.

The killers DNA has been tied to these murders but his DNA is not in the criminal database.

This guy's patient and lays low and knows that the authorities don't have him in the system.

He's been doing this for so long it's amazing there hasn't been an escalation. He seems to be content doing what he's doing.

Hopefully he gets sloppy and overly confident and gets caught.

The LAPD are currently investigating 33 old cases that show a similar M.O.

The thing that's troubling is, if he's seeking sexual satisfaction by raping and killing these women, what is he doing in between killings to satiate his desires? He may be more prolific than we know.

Edited by Watts