Frank's jacket(s) FOUND

Rate this topic

Guest Watts

EDITED TO ADD-

This season 1 jacket (and the jacket worn in the final 2 episodes) is confirmed as having been an EDDIE BAUER brand jacket circa 1997.

I'm starting this thread to chart the progress of a project that I'm working on.

I have begun looking into sourcing the materials to replicate Franks famous greyish green cargo jacket.

I know a guy who makes custom jackets & clothing so I'm checking with him on the possibility & cost of replicating this (to me) iconic jacket.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. Nailing the color will be difficult as what we're seeing is on film. The tone and saturation of the jacket changes from scene to scene, changes with the light etc.

In some scenes it appears solid gray, in others it appears olive green.

I'm looking into a "sage" or "moss" color to best approximate the various shades we see on film. I've found a great brushed poly/cotton twill that very closely resembles the weave and texture of his jacket. I have also found the correct YKK die cast wire zipper sliders that are on his jacket.

This is the jacket I'm talking about-

bewarethedog5rg.jpg

P.S. I bought a Jeep Cherokee today!! It's not red but beggars can't be choosers.

Sounds like you and your friend know what you're doing! Indeed the jacket's colour seems to change with every change of lighting, which makes it all the more mysterious.

Not to sound a bit silly, but hasn't anyone in the fandom in the last 12 years managed to learn what brand this iconic prop is? Surely a reality-based show would exhibit wardrobe that is available in commerce. Is it not possible to track it down?

I've been looking for this jacket off and on since 1996. I remember when the show was on the air looking through all my mail order catalogs in the hopes of finding one.

Over the last month I've contacted L.L. Bean, Orvis, Filson and Woolrich to see if it was one if theirs and got a resounding "No".

I have become quite an expert in this field. I've tracked down numerous costumes from many different films but this one eludes me.

Clothing companies sometimes change their lines twice a year so the odds of finding an unknown brand jacket after 12 years is pretty slim.

I've had other jackets replicated to. I had done years of research on Kurt Russell's Snake Plissken jacket and ended up getting one made, I also got Wolverine's "X-Men" jacket replicated. I've also had pants, boots etc. made and I've replicated alot of different movie props too.

I figure before I go completely mad looking for Frank's jacket, I'll just have one made.

My friend can definitely do it, I'm just waiting on a price and availability of materials.

Sure, you have his phone number? :)

There's a scene in 522666 where the jacket's hanging in his closet and there's no label in the neck of the jacket. The costume department does that sometimes.

I doubt he'd remember the brand of the jacket.

I'm going to be writing to the shows costume designer, hopefully I'll hear back from her.

Even if I find out what brand it was I doubt I'd ever find one in the same color, my size etc. You never know, I'm still looking.

Here's the fabric I'm thinking of using on my replica-

Taupe.jpg

1280-desktop42.jpg

Edited by Watts

Sure, you have his phone number? :)

There's a scene in 522666 where the jacket's hanging in his closet and there's no label in the neck of the jacket. The costume department does that sometimes.

I doubt he'd remember the brand of the jacket.

I'm going to be writing to the shows costume designer, hopefully I'll hear back from her.

Even if I find out what brand it was I doubt I'd ever find one in the same color, my size etc. You never know, I'm still looking.

I thought there was a site about Millennium where Lance drops a word or two, every now and then. Maybe Old Man would remember the name of the site.

Cool, I'd like to know that as well.

Well, my friend can source the fabric and can make the jacket, totally custom, made-to-measure.

The cost is $450 shipped anywhere in the world.

After my car is all sorted out I'll probably take the plunge.

I was just contacted by a gentleman who has one of these jackets.

It is an Eddie Bauer brand jacket.

12 long years and now I finally know what it is!

I'll post pics of his jacket soon.

Here's the jacket. Maker, EDDIE BAUER.

fronthx5.jpg

makerslabeldy8.jpg

Edited by Watts