Millennium - The Complete DVD Collection Artwork (Region 1)

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

Guest ZeusFaber
Millennium_Complete_small.jpg

TVShowsonDVD have released a fantastic image of the packaging artwork for the region 1 18-disc set of Millennium - The Complete DVD Collection. The region 2 release of this box set of all 67 episodes of Millennium was released back in October 2005. The reason for the delay in getting this box set out for region 1 US consumers is unknown, but the release date is apparently October 28th, making it a great Halloween gift!

Fans in our forums have already noted that Amazon.comir?t=millenniumdes-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B001CY5N00's specs for the contents of the discs are incorrect, with episodes such as The Judge, 52666 and The Well-Worn Lock seemingly missing from the list, as well as the second season episode 19:19. This is bound to be a snafu and its very unlikely that the actual release will be missing any episodes. The region 1 box set contains the same number of discs as the region 2 release, 18 in total. Perhaps we'll see some new special features in a possible Blu-Ray release one day.

Our thanks to David Lambert at TVShowsonDVD.com for the artwork.

View the original article

Guest No Touching

I find it a bit disconcerting that Emma takes up nearly a third of that packaging. Wouldn't it be more prudent to have images that represent the entire series on the cover and not just the latter portion? What about Watts or Jordan?

I do have to laugh that, alongside Frank and Emma, the Nostradamus Nutball gets his share of the spotlight.

Guest ZeusFaber

I imagine the images were chosen on the strength of making a strong, iconic visual impression, rather than being based on proportional representation of screen time.

Guest Laurent.

It also shocked me at first to see Emma and not Catherine (although she may be on the back or side cover). But I think that Emma or Watts give Millennium some sort of "regular FBI investigation" look that may attract some people used to CSI or other new series. And I guess Emma is more attractive than Watts for the majority of targeted viewers.

It's like the picture of the eye from Saturn dreaming... on the region 1 cover of season three or the shot from A Single Blade of Grass on season two... they're not really representative of the season (and not really some of its most memorable moments), but they're cool and it works well to attract someone who does not know the show.

Guest betweenthelines

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. It's not a terrible design but if I never saw the show before and happened to come across this boxset I'd assume it was your run-of-the-mill cop drama.

On a more positive note, FOX picked a great time to release this collection. That's an almost perfect release date!

Guest Laurent.
It's not a terrible design but if I never saw the show before and happened to come across this boxset I'd assume it was your run-of-the-mill cop drama.

I kind of hope the back cover will be more representative of the series. There will probably be a short description along with the usual critical praise. The thing is, FOX can't market it as a tense countdown to the new millennium... it makes it sound too out-dated for those who never saw the show. Furthermore, cop drama is the big thing right now, so it may be a good move.

That said, the cover to the original first season region 1 release is still the best.

P.S.

Aren't we having to parallel discussion about this? I think the news bot also started one. Someone should merge the two.

Guest ZeusFaber

The design certainly looks a lot better than its Region 2 equivalent, in my opinion.

Personally, I don't really see what evokes a standard cop drama about the cover. It seems to capture the spirit of the series just fine to me.

• Elders (Admins)

Topics merged! Zeus posted this topic as I was compiling the news article on the main site! The news bot pulls the articles in via the site's news feed and converts them into new topics.

I'm not sure about the artwork, it is good but I think it could have been more representative of the show. The Region 2 release from a couple of years ago has a nice Ouroborus on it, but again doesn't give much away unless you know the show and its logo already.

millennium_complete_r2_front.jpg

Incidentally, its not the first time Fox has made a mistake with the contents, the S1 Region 1 UK release quoted an incorrect number of episodes on the back!

When I got sent the packaging and promotional copy of the discs, I told Fox about it. They checked and confirmed the error, and said future prints of the packaging would be corrected. :doh: I wonder if this has ever been done and whether later copies of Season 1 state the correct number of episodes?