Return to Walkabout

Rate this topic

Guest Jim McLean

Been here for years and never posted in this thread either, so it doesn't matter how long or short you've been here.  Once here, you're a member of the group and family.

I see Frank's "gift" as more of an ability, of which needs to be understood and developed, which to me, he really knew very little about, and why we had the episode, "Walkabout."  Plus, he saw that Jordan had the same ability, and then it became obsessive for him to understand it, of which I personally feel he never fully and truly did, but accepted it more as time went on.

Often people say that Millennium was ahead of its time, and I so agree to this statement.  But, they were dealing with the year 2000 coming up, so that reason also made the show popular.  Nowadays there's all kinds of shows on the air about profiling and "gifts" or abilities, but as we all know here, nothing can compare to the original.

The pilot episode was frightening to watch because of the thought of what the man did to the young men.  Being buried alive is one of man's most terrifying thoughts, and then having your eyes, mouth and hands sewed shut just adds fuel to the fire.  It was a very hard pilot for me to watch, but it made me, for one, curious to know where this show was going to lead, then I was hooked.

The X-File fans were too involved with The X-Files to even make any comparison with it to MLM.  Even though they were both produced by the same people, they were two entirely different shows, drawing a different crowd of people right at first.  Eventually, as people were introduced to MLM, the fan based grew, and is still growing today.  Very exciting.