Questionnaire

Hello there all,

Hoping for the help of everyone/anyone who may be interested in answering a little questionnaire I've put together.

Long story short, I'm a writer involved in an online fiction board and I'm looking to set up potentially a new one. I was also one of the creative forces behind the Millennium Virtual Season 5 hosted on here, which some of you may have read. What I'm trying to do is canvas opinion of Millennium fans in regards to, if they were interested, what kind of fiction we could produce.

I'd be extremely grateful if you could take a few minutes and answer these simple questions as honestly as possible as post responses below in this thread:

--

1) Do you watch/read any webseries' or online fiction?

2) If so, what is your preferred format? Prose or script-based? Do you potentially enjoy both?

3) What are your favourite webseries', either you watch or read?

4) Are you familiar with script-based webseries hubs such as Monster Zero Productions?

5) How often are you likely to read a script-based webseries? Regularly, infrequently or once in a blue moon?

6) Do you write for any online web series? Either prose or script-based?

7) If so, to what extent? Do you run your own series? Write for others?

8) If not, why? Have you ever liked the idea of writing web fiction? Do you feel the opportunities aren't there for what you enjoy?

9) What are your favourite past and present TV shows and movies?

10) Would you be interested in reading or writing for a scripted webseries based on some of those shows or movies?

--

Many thanks in advance for your time.

So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given to them over the fourth of the Earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death... and by the beasts of the earth.

REVELATION 6:8

mzp468.jpg

MZP: Fiction never tasted so good!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear <O>

Please forgive me for taking some time in getting around to answering your questions but better late than never I guess. It's great to see you around by the way and I hope you are well.

I have of course read Millennium VS4 and VS5 and both were undoubtedly superb. I am currently re-reading VS5 but my time is limited at present. I am aware that Zeus was involved in a Night Stalker Virtual production and as I enjoyed his work on VS5 I had hoped the show would be re-aired in the UK as I would love to sample his latest creation. Doesn't appear it was happen anytime soon so I may invest in the boxset. Outside of the franchise I confess to reading very little of what is available.

2) If so, what is your preferred format? Prose or script-based? Do you potentially enjoy both?

I enjoy both. My first introduction to fan works was through prose and I did actually write two myself for a website some time ago though I won't state for which franchise as I don't want to embarrass myself lol. I confess though the script-based format of VS4&5 does make the experience feel like a televisual offering rather than a piece of spin off fiction if that makes sense?

I don't tend to do either to be honest outside of Millennium. Millennium Apocalypse is of course great fun to watch but most of the time I enjoy audio adventures, generally those based on the Doctor Who universe.

4) Are you familiar with script-based webseries hubs such as Monster Zero Productions?

Yup I'm aware of them due to the Eighth Doctor work taking place there. I very much hope it reaches fruition as I am an Eighth Doctor obsessive. I would definitely support a Virtual Season of that.

5) How often are you likely to read a script-based webseries? Regularly, infrequently or once in a blue moon?

Infrequently pretty much covers it since I am reading VS5 at the moment it would be unfair to say once in a blue moon.

Oh no, no one's daft enough to let me lol.

8) If not, why? Have you ever liked the idea of writing web fiction? Do you feel the opportunities aren't there for what you enjoy?

It's a matter of time I'm afraid. At present it isn't an option and I couldn't lend myself to a project fully. I am very much involved in getting the Frank Black Campaign off the ground and there isn't much room for anything else.

Doctor Who, Wire In The Blood, Millennium (of course), The Tomorrow People, Blakes 7, The Prisoner: it would be easier to say Millennium and Lost + every single piece of genre, cult or scifi ever to emerge from the UK.

My fave films at present are: Saw, Maurice, Hostel, Withnail and I, The Craft, The Blair Witch I&II: anything trite, cheesey or gore laden usually does it for me.

10) Would you be interested in reading or writing for a scripted webseries based on some of those shows or movies?

Absolutely in the case of the Hostel I&II. There's a huge backstory there and a mythos just waiting to happen but that's never going to happen under Eli Roth as he's is far too superficial and sensationalist to explore the evident potentials of his own universe.

--

That's quite alright - hope's it ok.

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png

Much appreciate the honest thoughts there, many thanks - and it's nice to be around!

Anyone else?

So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given to them over the fourth of the Earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death... and by the beasts of the earth.

mzp468.jpg

Guest Laurent.

Sadly, no. I wanted to read MM VS, but never found the time to read. And I don't like to spend too much time in front of my computer, as a lot of my work involves exactly that.

-

-

No.

Likely never.

No.

-

I would like it a lot. But again I would not find the time to do so.

9) What are your favorite past and present TV shows and movies?

Shows: X-Files, Carnivàle, Millennium, LOST

Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, Children of Men, 28 days later and most of the work by Kubrick, Terry Gilliam, Tim Burton or Tarantino... and of course a lot of others.

I'd be interested in reading if the format could be closer to short stories.

Many thanks, Laurent, very helpful.

Anyone else?

mzp468.jpg

Guest Moriarty

Read the VS5 of MM.

Both are ok for me.

Just read one...

Nope.

I guess once in a blue moon.

No.

I like the idea but my english is not good enough to participate in such a thing.

MM, XF and Carnivale. Movies I like: everything directed by Kubrick, Paul Thomas Anderson, David Fincher and Christopher Nolan. Also some others.

Yeah, sure, but like I said: poor english :-)

Take care.

Edited by Moriarty

• Elders (Admins)

No sorry!

N/A

N/A

Again, no sorry. I don't really have the time to read much either online or offline these days.

Probably unlikley unless its Millennium related.

No

N/A

N/A

My favourite US TV shows are Millennium, The Shield, The Soprano's, Lost, Carnivale, Brotherhood, Intelligence, Da Vinci's Inquest, Smallville, The X-Files, The Simpsons, Deadwood, and Stargate: Atlantis.

My favourite UK TV shows include Midsomer Murders, A Touch of Frost, Heartbeat, Emmerdale and Coronation Street.

Reading!

--

Your most welcome!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines