New TV Series?

Rate this topic

This not an offical announcement nor Do I enjoy spreading rumors. Some info came to me via email about some buzz about Chris Carter is working on developing a new TV series. I wonder if this is an obligation to FOX?

No details on what the series is about but my friend tells me he thinks it might be on the lines of Drama/Horror. Nothing like X-Files or MM

Guest Laurent.

I have not heard anything about a new tv show from Carter. But I know that 1013 are working on more than one projects right now (more as in: not only Fencewalker). Anyway, Carter is still under contract with FOX; which means, if I'm correct, that he cannot return to television on another network.

What and where is the buzz you've heard about?

• Elders (Moderators)

Interesting news from both of you. I'd be interested to know what else CC/1013 are working on.

As far as CC's contract with Fox is concerned, I'd heard that it was for three shows (I think that was/is the standard) and XF and MM fulfilled two of the three, but neither HR or TLG did. Having said that, I'm not sure what would have been the situation regarding the aborted collaboration with JMS which Fox halted just before HR was cancelled. Of course, we don't know how long the 3-show contract with Fox is for - I'm presuming that no contract could tie someone to a studio for life. And we don't know the details of the law suit CC brought against Fox or whether his contract with Fox has naturally expired so that in either case he could shop his ideas to other studios/networks.

As much as I'd really like to see something new from CC, especially as he would likely be completely involved, I do wonder why on earth anyone would voluntarily subject themselves to the nightmare that TV is these days.

Guest Laurent.

Absolutely right Libby... Sometimes I hate that he's being so secretive about what he's working on! Will Fencewalker ever get distributed and what are the other projects?

I have no idea what FOX's contract says regarding Chris Carter's obligation. Is it three movies?....i am not sure. I get my annual greetings from my one of my old pals from La La Land that gives me heads up on movies-series and all kinds of entertainment stuff. He is actually freinds with Bill Paxton. Any-hoo, he only emailed me to let me know there is talk/buzz about Chris Carter developing a new tv series...thats all. You will not read this anywhere, that i know of. This could very well happen or it might fall on its face. He has given me good info before about the Pumpkinhead sequels.....Revelations mini-series and that vampire series on HBO. Cant remember its title at this time

Interesting news!

Just recently I was dreaming about new CC's show and how it would be amazing. LOL Dreams come true? LOL

Although I agree that TV world seems like a nightmare now. Only crappy shows survive. lol

Okay, let's hope CC will amaze us once again! ;)

HighPlainsDrifter, thanks for the news!

• 1 month later...
Guest Laurent.
Does anybody know are there any news or rumors about this CC's new project?

Well, when I saw that you had posted in this topic, I thought that you had news concerning this rumor... not that I don't care about your dreams, but I'm a bit disappointed.

Seriously, haven't heard anything about this except from HPD. Carter's assistant did say that CC had a few projects going on... let's wait.