What!? Billy Bob Thornton and Tea Leoni?

Rate this topic

I heard this story on morning radio either Thursday of Friday. I found the story and thought i would share it. Seems odd though.

With the cat already out of the bag regarding the cause for David Duchovny’s split from wife Tea Leoni (surprise! It was the tennis coach!), it’s not exactly shocking that a recent report from England’s Daily Mail blaming an affair between Leoni and “Manure” co-star Billy Bob Thornton for the break-up would be shot down by the 53 year-old actor…or at least by his publicist.

“Billy Bob Thornton and Téa Leoni are just friends," Thornton’s rep Arnold Robinson told E! News Thursday. “They recently completed working on a film [‘Manure’] together."

Unlike Robinson, we prefer to call her “Tea” rather than Téa

Having recently completed work on the unfortunately named film together, Leoni had said of Thornton during an interview with More Magazine this month, “[billy Bob] is maybe my new favorite person in the world.”

Inspired (perhaps) by the quote, the Daily Mail, citing yet another anonymously suspicious source, claimed the reason for Leoni’s separation from her husband of 11 years was due to Duchovny’s discovery of “explicit text messages” on Leoni’s mobile phone. The “source” went on to claim Leoni has been accompanying Thornton to many of his music gigs, noting, “She even helps him load and unload his truck.”

The following day, the Daily Mail printed an interview with Duchovny’s tennis coach and mistress, Edit Pakay, detailing the couple’s relationship over the last year.

Still, with enough hullabaloo generated from the original Mail piece, and with the prospect of free press a’plenty for “Manure,” the Thornton camp felt a response appropriate.

So, there. Tea and Billy Bob never did it.

Source: ActressArchives.com