The Lone Gunmen: Back from the Dead

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

We've already discussed the fact that Dean Haglund has written a script for a Lone Gunmen movie called "Back from the Dead", which would be a satire of the real thing and in no way associated with 20th century F*cks (as Dean puts it).

Fact: They have a lot of problem putting everything together in order to start production, as it is a completely independent film, but all three actors are willing to do it. It is not shelved yet as Dean still discuss it form time to time on his show.

Rumor: The plot would be following the real-life actors as they soon get thrown into a real conspiracy, "gunmen style".

If anyone gets news about this project, please post it here. There is close to nothing about it on the net yet, but I just wanted to get the word out clearly that Dean is trying to get this project on its way to our screens.

Laurent, would you like this topic pinning at the head of the forum? Might make it easier for people to add what they find when they find it. I will leave the decision up to you my friend.

Eth

Laurent, thank you for bringing this to my attention again! I completely forgot about this project because of all excitement around IWTB. :doh: I remember the first news about this came at the beginning of the year and I was so curious about this project! I'm glad to hear Dean is still trying to make it.

Hmm... now I wonder will we see Zuleikha and Stephen in it? And do CC and FS know about the project?

I hadn't realized Dean had given so much thought to the idea! I knew the guy was creative but here he's taken an idea and ran with it! I wish him the best of luck.

But it's possible that if they try to make the film they might stumble upon legal rights issues with Focks, no?

Guest Laurent.
But it's possible that if they try to make the film they might stumble upon legal rights issues with Focks, no?

I think that is why he's using their real-life persona (I don't know how to put it) and not their Gunmen characters. If they call themselves by their real names, you can have people call them by their characters name and that won't be a violation of copyright, more like a fake reality-movie. Then they can use the personalities of the characters and run with it in a brand new original story. I think it can work pretty well! You just have to remember that it is a satire and in now way an official "X-Files" story. Which may also explains why 1013 won't be attached to it.... I think I'll write to Frank Spotnitz to ask him if he has been in contact with Dean concerning this. I'm sure the man could use the help of some experienced producers. I hope they manage to get this off the ground!

P.S. Thanks Eth! I'd appreciate that!

edit: I've written to the man behind the scenes, let's wait and see.

Guest Laurent.

Damn Eth... that was fast! Hehe! Thank you!

I'm currently listening to Chillpak Hollywood Hour #76, and Dean really seems to be gathering some advices on how to produce an independent movie. I hope that will pay off for his Gunmen project!

edit: This conversation is incredibly informative for people who are not familiar with the production of independent films (they cover the financing, production, post-production, festival, distribution... everything)

Guest Laurent.

Frank is also pretty fast! Unfortunately, this is all he had to say:

I didn't know about Dean's project, but I'm all for bringing back the Gunmen in any way, shape or form. Incidentally, this is the cover art for the next Wildstorm comic, due out Dec. 17.