Give Windows Vista the Millennium Group treatment with our new Vista Sidebar Gadget

Rate this topic

TIWWA

• Elders (Admins)

Yes, they both work fine for on the side bar at the same time. I have also just tried having 2 copies of the Ouro and one of Frank Black and they all displayed and worked fine for me. I'm using Vista 64-bit Home Premium by the way.

Maybe that's why... I'm not sure which Vista I have. It won't even let me install the Frank gadget. I downloaded it fine, clicked on install, and nothing happens. I can get more than one Ouro just fine. :ranting: Damnable computer.

• Elders (Admins)

Hhhm, something is wrong there. I would try removing any copies you have already and re-download the Frank Gadget. It should work fine on all versions of Vista with the possible exception of the very basic version that was available for so called 'third world' countries. Should be fine on Vista Basic and 32 bit versions.

• 3 months later...

I am so confused. For starters, I'm not understanding half of the terminology. Would someone mind sending me, the group's "Resident Dingbat," a PM with a step by step explanation on how to download the countdown gadget and the sidebar. I thought the sidebar was only available with Vista. I have already downloaded WinRAR and am struggling to understand it too. Thank you.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

Have you seen this topic? I posted some information about it this morning.

https://www.millenniu...s-vista-gadget/

On page 1 of this topic that you are reading now, it mentions XP, Sidebar isn't part of XP but there is a modification for XP that allows you to install the vista siderbar, which is a program like any other, except that it works best if you have Internet Explorer 7 or later installed also. Follow the tutorial that this topic links too, if you can get sidebar to work on windows xp, you are half way there. If however, you don't understand something like WinRar (and I'm not trying to suggest anything remotely condescending here), you may find it a struggle until you have a bit more experience working with your computer, as really you are trying to get a Vista designed program working on a different Operating System, so it may not be for feint hearted.

Windows 7 is out in a few months time, works fine on older machines and is fast and smooth, and everything Vista was supposed to be, plus it supports Gadgets out of the box, so you may wish to wait until the. You can get a free copy to try out now called the Release Candidate, that will work until next year.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

I sympathise with you but I can't make the gadgets compatible with every system out there, sadly I just don't have the time. If I make Google Gadgets, someone will complain there are no Yahoo Widgets and so on...

However, never say never..!

Hi,

I sympathise with you but I can't make the gadgets compatible with every system out there, sadly I just don't have the time. If I make Google Gadgets, someone will complain there are no Yahoo Widgets and so on...

However, never say never..!

Actually the one who sympathizes is me.....you are using windows :laugh::laugh:

• Dislike 1