Matt Hurwitz Interview

Rate this topic

Dear friends,

Matt Allair, webmaster of the X-Files Lexicon, has brought to my attention an interview he conducted with Matt Hurwitz, co-author of "The Complete X-Files" book, which should be due to be published in a week. Whilst I am sure some of you will be aware of this, I assume there are some that may not be. It is an enjoyable read and worthy of the attention of fans of the franchise. To read the interview and to support Matt in his efforts, click here!

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest ZeusFaber

Interesting, thanks for the link. I've been waiting for this book for a while, and it's a shame to see it delayed with no firm release date. I hope it makes it in time for Christmas!

• Elders (Moderators)

ZF: I'm a bit confused about why you think there's no firm release date. I've ordered it from amazon uk and the delivery estimate is 27 Nov - 4 Dec. Are you thinking about a different book, or has amazon got its info wrong (which wouldn't be the first time)?

Guest ZeusFaber

While I can't say with absolute certainty, of course, I do believe Amazon has simply failed to update their information (probably because they themselves have gotten no update from the publisher).

Amazon UK still lists October 15th as the release date, which of course passed some time ago and the book was not released. Unfortunately, their delivery estimates are just automatically generated after you place an order. If you check around other retailers, you'll find that they too have yet to update their release date information, listing variations on terms like "unavailable" or "temporarily out of stock", which are again, automatically generated.

Amazon US, meanwhile (which would presumably get the book first), currently lists November 11th as the release date, which again passed and the book was not released. You can tell this from the way the automated delivery estimate has defaulted to "1 to 3 months". This doesn't mean it's simply a slow item to deliver, it's how the system defaults when a pre-order item passes its projected release date without any stock arriving.

This happens pretty frequently with new publications, in my experience. They very rarely meet their first release date, for whatever reasons. It's frustrating, because without any updates, we're left in the dark as to the revised release date, as is the case now with The Complete X-Files. Hopefully it wont be much longer.

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is of any use to you but the information that the book was due for release in a week came from Matt himself. He is extremely well connected and I'm sure his source is accurate. If you like, I could approach him for some clarity on the subject?

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest ZeusFaber

I for one would be happy to take his word for it since that's presumably coming from Hurwitz, the author, but any additional information on the status of the UK release would be gratefully received. Still hoping it'll make it to our shores in good time for Christmas delivery!

Hi chaps,

As promised, I have contacted Matt to request clarification regarding the publication date in the UK. He has stated that he will contact Matt Hurwitz to ascertain this information for you. In addition, a specific thread has been created at the Lexicon for individuals to field questions directly to Mr. Hurwitz so those of you who would like to ask questions or share thoughts please head over here to do so.

I promise to let you guys know as soon as I do.

Best wishes,

Eth