Frank's Neighbor

Rate this topic

Guest EzekielWatts

Guest Paul White

To me it represents all of us. Who live in a normal life.

Jack about being a good neighbor. Many times their manners annoyFrank, but at no time is offensive.

I think we all have a neighbor like that.

• 1 month later...
Guest Bad Boy Dazza

I think they should have had him make at leastg one appearance in season 3 when Frank went to the house.

• 1 month later...

The thing is that Jack really is just a normal guy, if he seemed a bit creepy or imbalanced the terrible thing is I think it's from our perspective as an audience. Millennium, it's world that it's shown us has put us that on edge that we look on this really lovely neighbour with questioning eyes like that. Perhaps it was a bit intentional, almost a red herring in the form of an innocent. My 2 cents.

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm sure I've posted elsewhere that CC said that he modelled the character of Jack Meredith on a neighbour when he was growing up. And that he couldn't understand the negative view of fans - which was probably the reason why the character was written out.

A few years ago, a young couple moved into a house a couple of doors down from us. I suggested to my husband that he offer them the temporary use of our visitors parking permit until they got their own roadside permit. (All roadside parking here is by permit, but we only get a visitors permit as we have a driveway for our car.) They were grateful for that courtesy, and we all chat whenever we see each other. They now have the cutest daughter ever (except for mine, of course). My husband could have been seen as a Jack Meredith!

It's interesting how we can all interpret a character according to our own experiences.

• 4 months later...

If it were a comedy, Frank Black would've been the "straight man" to Jack Meredith's more happy-go-lucky character.

Neverminded the character, wish they did more with him - it kind of grounded the series a little more, making the "surroundings" more suburban and friendly.

• 4 months later...