Danille Barbakow is affiliated with legion?

Rate this topic

To the Group:

I think I would agree with RodimusBen. I would have to review the episode to be sure. I tend to stick to what I believe to be a helix running through the first season - that although there was preternatural work of evil behind events - there is also at work in events the evil that is worked largely (if not solely) by people.

• 10 months later...

I don''t recall the episodes now, but I think Frank made the statement at least once that killers are made, not born, and "Monster" seems to throw a big wrench into that theory. Was this planned by the producers? I think it would have been totally out of place if Danielle offered Frank "the job," again (!) but I think it is a fair assumpton that she is part of the greater evil, even if in a loosely connected way than compared to season one. What an almost successful attempt to take Frank out of the fight!

I think the shape and appearance of evil/Legion changed somewhat through seasons 2 and three, I will assume due to producing changes, but I think the idea in general remained constant throughout the show.

:rock2:

I agree that Danielle rocks the boat in terms of shaking Frank from his comfort zone a little and it certainly seems like The Millennium Group had this is mind when they assigned him the case. In fact Lara asserts that cases they are sent on are less like cases and more like lessons.

In a real world setting there are, and will continue to be, cases that seems to leave conventional understanding of the nature of criminals a little wanting in terms of providing an explanation for them. In the UK, the case of James Bulger continues to pose the very question "Monster" seeks to address - can evil be born and not made. Millennium Season One exposed Frank to a world in which evil was largely the province of Caucasian men of a similar age and psychological profile. Almost all of what they did could be explained by Frank's ability to profile. Season Two sees The Group challenge his understanding of evil by exposing him to fringe cases in an effort to elevate his understanding and expose him to the reason for their existence.

I agree the face of evil did a change a little during season two. It certainly became more ambiguous and in many ways more representative what we see in our societies then and now.

Eth

• 7 months later...

Interesting multi-year thread here. I still stand by my roughly 2 year old post that Dannielle is part of "Legion" and this is my rationale.

I don't think it is helpful to lump just any supernatural-seeming evil entity directly into "Legion." It's too simplistic. I see Legion as entities that have a personal vendetta or temptation for Frank Black. Danielle accuses Frank Black of molestation. She (or whatever is manipulating her) is able to create a bloody mouth for Jordan to add corroborating evidence to ensnare Frank. This I would categorize as the work of an evil entity who has antipathy toward Frank Black so i would include her in the amorphous definition of "Legion."

Thread revival is fun!

To add to your theory, Bill, I would say that "Legion" can and does use things and people for it's purposes, with one of the purposes being to discredit, deceive, scare, or bring down Frank. This can be seen in episodes including Gehenna, The Judge, Lamentation, Monster, Siren, Saturn, Seven and One, and Antipas.

:rock2: