Fight the Future alternate bee scene

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

I don't know how, but the "alternate bee scene" has been leaked on the net. And it's making shippers jump, cry and make babies all over the world. Here it is:

They had me fooled; I though the alternate scene would be for the one in the "hive"... I wonder why they hid that away for so long.

Yeah, I've seen it. Shippers all over the world have been orgasming for 2 days now LOL

It's a nice scene and I have to admitt the kiss is very hot but I'm glad it's not in the movie. ;)

Personally I think that IWTB kiss is more subtle and beatiful.

Edited by Blackoil

Guest Laurent.

I'm wondering if this scene isn't a joke... maybe GA and DD thought they'd try doing the most passionate scene possible and let the producers decide if it works... but it's a bit too much I think. Mulder seems to be carrying her back to his apartment at the end... which would have been ridiculous given the context of the scene!

As you all know I'm not a Phile and I'm only vaguely sure of what a 'shipper' is but I have had a blast these last two days reading Frank's blog. The sheer ebullience that fans were demonstrating because of such a short scene is wonderful to see. It must be the best year for a long while to be an X-Files fan, they were literally orgasmic they were so happy. Let's hope we Millennium fans get a year like this one day, with news of the Snow cd's it might not be too far away.

Eth

PS Shipper is worshiper right? As in I worship the Mulder Scully love thang. What's the opposite? Noromo or something, it's been such a long time for me.

Something tells me we might not have to wait forever to pop that champagne cork Vivi, call me Nostradamus Nutball, but I can feel it coming. As for the origin of shipper, Laurent is absolutely spot on. Found the following for those, like me, who's X-Files knowledge is less than extensive....

The activity of fans creating relationships out of some or most of the cast of characters far predates the term. Though "ship" is undoubtedly a derivative of the word "relationship", where and when it was first used to indicate involvement with fictional romance is unclear. A common belief is that the term originated in the fandom for the anime series Pokémon with two American fans who, in discussing their belief in a romance between series villains, Musashi/Jessie and Kojirō/James (known together as "Team Rocket"), hit upon the pun "RocketShipper" as a way to combine "rocket ship" and "relationship".

However, the archives of the newsgroup X-files show that the word "shipper" was already in established use among fans of The X-Files as early as May of 1996 [1]— just three months after the first Pokémon games were released in Japan. It would not be until 1998 that any of the Pokémon games, manga, or anime would be translated to English, where the relationship/rocketship pun would exist (the first known uses of the term in the Pokémon fandom were during mid-to-late 1999). It seems clear that the Pokémon fandom was not the sole or first inventors of the term "shipping'" in this sense, as is sometimes claimed; regardless of that, it may well have played a key role in the development of the term as is known today, by separately developing and popularising it