MillenniuM comes finally to CD

Rate this topic

SadEyes

Guest Laurent.
I haven't even finished half of the first disc. I guess I'm a slow listener. Is that even possible?

Hahaha!

Honestly though, I normally try to go through the entire album on the first listen... Since I'm a big music consumer, it helps me to make up my mind about an album without having to listen to it a dozen times. So I guess that, in some sense, I'm a faster listener than you are! :wiggle:

P.S. It still hasn't arrived! I hope to be able to listen to the album on Christmas day, but I'm not holding my breath...

Guest RodimusBen

Watts, I'm with you... I have to really slowly digest new music or it all blends together for me. Sort of like eating at a buffet.

Yes, I have to listen to each piece and absorb it. Then I go through as I listen and mark the ones that really catch my attention.

Edited to add:

I listened to the reat of the CD last night. It's great and really put me into a millenniumistic frame of mind. It was most definitely worth the wait.

The last track is pretty funny too. hanks again to this forum for pointing out the availability of the CD's or I may never have found them.

Edited by Watts

I got mine on the 23rd but I managed to restrain myself from opening it until Christmas itself!

So, one autographed booklet and one normal, great!

Crushed Dove, Acts, Damascus... Hours of repeated listening are ahead!

So let me ask, how many people who are getting this CD never downloaded the iTunes release? I'm curious just to know how many people are evaluating these discs based on ALL of the content being brand-new to them, versus how many are focusing mainly on how they like the NEW tracks (I would fall into the latter category).

I admit I had downloaded all MM music before. But I bought this one nevertheless -- it's the only one I'm actually able to buy here in old Europe!

Guest WaveCrest

Can you view all of the posts you've made to date on the forum? Since the Mark Snow MM soundtrack CD was released about 6 or 7 further pages worth of posts have been made, and I'm not sure if I've already posted the following (it's not in my last 10 posts) :

My copy arrived quickly. I was surprised how quick it came in the post. Unfortunately the Mark Snow signature was smudged after I got the soundtrack CD and the signed booklet out of the envelope. Can anyone else not get both the signed and non-signed booklet in the 2-CD case? I can't. I've had to put the non-signed booklet in an A-4 plastic folder.

And I got it wrong when I said on here before the CD was released that there were no tracks from my favourite MM episode Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense on the soundtrack CD. There are a few on the CD.

It looks like the Mark Snow MM soundtrack has sold very well. Will a second soundtrack be released?

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest ZeusFaber

Mine arrived in good time to make a lovely Christmas gift too. I've listened to the first disc so far, with the second yet to come. Sorry to hear your signed booklet got smudged - that's most unfortunate. Like you say, I can't fit both the signed and unsigned versions of the liner notes inside the case either, it's not physically deep enough, so I'll have to think of somewhere safe to store the duplicate.

I would doubt that there will be another volume of Millennium music, since this album covered all three seasons, but I guess you can never say never. On the plus side, Frank Spotnitz has indicated that there will be more Mark Snow music released in 2009, which is likely to be from The X-Files. I can't wait.