MillenniuM comes finally to CD

Rate this topic

SadEyes

Luckily I'm a custom picture framer and I specialize in museum & archival quality framing so my signed booklet will have a nice home very soon! I'll post pics after I frame it with a detailed list of what should be done to preserve it for those who are interested in framing theirs.

Guest LucyButler2000

I was lucky (and fast enough) to snag a pair of these with autographs, but I'm on the film music boards all the time so i knew these were coming for awhile. Yes, there are some x-files cds in the works, but as for content... no idea.

The added music to this set is worth the price of admission and its really mixed well. The added comedy cue is indeed funny.

Enjoy

• Elders (Admins)
Can you view all of the posts you've made to date on the forum? Since the Mark Snow MM soundtrack CD was released about 6 or 7 further pages worth of posts have been made, and I'm not sure if I've already posted the following (it's not in my last 10 posts) :

Hi Wavecrest, yes you just have click on your name on the left of one of your posts to access options to find all your posts or topics. You can do from your social profile too.

Sorry to hear about your copy being smudged, I would definitely contact LaLaLand Records, they may have kept a few back for such cases.

I'm really surprised they sent one that was smudged though.

Luckily I'm a custom picture framer and I specialize in museum & archival quality framing so my signed booklet will have a nice home very soon! I'll post pics after I frame it with a detailed list of what should be done to preserve it for those who are interested in framing theirs.

Is there no end to your talents Watts?! Framing it is a great idea, thanks for that suggestion. With it not being an autographed photo it never occurred to me.

Guest WaveCrest
Hi Wavecrest, yes you just have click on your name on the left of one of your posts to access options to find all your posts or topics. You can do from your social profile too.

Sorry to hear about your copy being smudged, I would definitely contact LaLaLand Records, they may have kept a few back for such cases.

I'm really surprised they sent one that was smudged though.

Thanks for your help Graham. I'll contact La La Land Records.

Did Mark Snow compose music for Night Stalker?

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest Anephric

I'd love to have that information Watts! I have a nice collection of signed CDs that I've always wanted to frame but never really trusted the common framing shops to do the job.

I would doubt that there will be another volume of Millennium music, since this album covered all three seasons, but I guess you can never say never. On the plus side, Frank Spotnitz has indicated that there will be more Mark Snow music released in 2009, which is likely to be from The X-Files. I can't wait.

Mark Snow also said that something was in the works for further X-Files music. However, he was out of the loop on the subject. I had worried that the lackluster box-office of the (incredibly excellent) X-Files 2 killed the release of any new music.

An older photo: I hadn't gotten the Millennium CDs when I took this:

n18505573_32038820_5621.jpg

Edited by Anephric

Guest ZeusFaber
No there was a rumor at first (or was it a dream?)...

I think Mark Snow did the temp track for the pilot before a full-time composer (Wandmacher) was recruited to score the series on a regular basis.

Guest WaveCrest

I should have remembered that Philip Glass did some of the music for Night Stalker as I'd only watched the aired and unaired episodes in the past few weeks. I've heard of Michael Wandmacher before from something else. I looked at his IMDb page after reading about a "24" related film starring Reiko Aylesworth called The Killing Floor.

Edited by WaveCrest

• Elders (Moderators)

Well, meanwhile my copy arrived as well, with a signature of course... :wiggle:

What can I say? What a fantastic release! The cues, which were previously available through iTunes or the Promo-CD, sound much richer on the 2-CD-set. The cues from season one, which weren´t available before (Well Worn Lock, The Wild and the Innocent, Paper Dove), fit in perfectly and especially the two pieces from "The well worn lock" are heartbreakingly wonderful. Of course the set as a whole is wonderful and I hope that there will be more of that, though the set doesn´t seem to be a best seller in a way, because the 2000 copies aren´t still sold out. But maybe if we sent E-Mails and Letters to La-La-Land, they will think about a Volume 2... :swingin: