MillenniuM comes finally to CD

Rate this topic

SadEyes

Friends,

I am throwing myself on your mercy (sort of) in the hope that you might be able to help me solve a problem of sorts. Brett Hall, director of Lance Henriksen's film, Bone Dry, has asked me to help him acquire a signed copy of the Mark Snow MM music. I have explained all the odds against us, most notably our inability to contact Mr. Snow despite our attempts, but promised I would at least try. He has been very kind to the campaign, he is a huge admirer of Millennium with his next feature being inspired by 'Beware of the Dog' and he has given us signed DVDS and soundtracks to play with in the future. Do ANY of you good people have contacts that could be exploited to assist with this, maybe you have a spare copy safely tucked away for future ebaying or know of a way to approach Mark Snow for assistance, anything would be considered.

Long, long, loooooooong shot I know but I wanted to at least attempt to repay the kindness he has shown us.

Best wishes,

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Well, some time ago in another board I´m active (it´s a Soundtrack Board by the way), there was a user, who wanted to sell a sealed and signed copy of the MM-Score, the thread is still open and has no further answers. I will contact and ask him, if he still has the CD.

HI Sadeyes,

I believe I do recall that particular seller being mentioned here, it would be very much appreciated if you could find out if it is still available. My thanks to you.

Best wishes,

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

That would surprise me, because the Board I´m talking about is a german one, since I live in Germany... :oneeyedwinK

But Bernd, the user, I´m talking about, is not at home until tuesday, so I´m afraid you´ve got to wait for the answer, but I did sent him a message already. I hope that it is no problem that the CD, if everything comes together, will travel from Germany around the world.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I'm 100% certain that someone did in fact post a message here saying that a copy was being offered for sale on another forum, your post reminded me of that but I guess I was wrong in thinking it was the same individual you mentioned. Any how, thank you so much for contacting this chap, doesn't matter how long it takes or even if we get a copy I am still very grateful to you for trying.

All the best :)

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

You´re welcome, Eth. :smile:

Ah, now I see, what you ment. The offer was made on the FSM-Board, FSM (Film Score Monthly) is a soundtrack label, but it was not the offer I´m talking about. Anyway, fingers crossed Bernd still has his second copy of the score. :oneeyedwinK

Best wishes

Alex

Hi Alex,

Any news on this *Eth show's his staggering lack of patience yet again*, if not don't worry, I appreciate your help all the same.

Best wishes,

Eth

• 8 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

Is there no interest in another Millennium CD soundtrack album? I just read your post Mark in one of the other threads in this folder, about the music in the episode "Luminary". Surely if there was enough demand (did the 2-CD soundtrack album sell well?) another one would be made. Does Mark Snow think there's not enough music for another Millennium soundtrack album? (I mean that in the non-argument way). There are loads of episodes which weren't on the 2-CD soundtrack.

I'm guessing there would be interest Richard but my feeling is that Mark's personal preference is the reason that there will be no further releases from the score. I'm guessing that, like most artists, he picks those tracks that he feels represents his best work and leaves the others in the vaults. My own feeling is that as Millennium comprised of 67 episodes and we got only two discs then there is an absolute hoarde of music somewhere that will never see the light of day.

Fans of Harsh Realm are in for a treat though, I assume the release of that score will be far more comprehensive given how little there was of the show.

Eth