MillenniuM comes finally to CD

Rate this topic

SadEyes

• Elders (Moderators)

Good luck to you. I asked MV from La-La-Land some time ago about a second release of the MillenniuM-Music and he just replied, that they all felt, they covered everything with the 2-CD-Set, Mark Snow himself was involved in the production of the set and he also chose the tracks, that would end up on the set.

Am I right in thinking it is unusual for an entire catalogue of music to be released from a TV show anyway? Much of what I have seen seems to be single or double CD releases of 'the best' of the work on offer rather than anything comprehensive. Maybe I am wrong about that.

Eth

Guest arcanamundi

Am I right in thinking it is unusual for an entire catalogue of music to be released from a TV show anyway? Much of what I have seen seems to be single or double CD releases of 'the best' of the work on offer rather than anything comprehensive. Maybe I am wrong about that.

Eth

I have the 'Best of' album and the 2-cd soundtrack from LaLa Land. There is music from 'Luminary' that always enchanted me and it isn't on either of those releases.

Oh I feel your pain. Luminary was my 'must have' when the release was being discussed and we didn't get a single note from it. I felt sure it would be included as it is so damn beautiful and such a fan-favourite episode. I do find it surprising that they don't collaborate with fans more on projects like this. The would have an infinitely superior release if they did and let's face it keeping the fans happy is essential to success, we are the ones who will or won't buy it after all.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I don't think I've seen an example of a TV show with all or most of it's instrumental score/soundtrack music released on CD. At least we have a portion of Millennium's music on CD, even though it's not as much as we'd like to see released. What we think is worthy of a release is deemed not worthy by the powers that be who have greenlit previous releases of CD soundtracks.

I can think of at least a handful of TV series which I'd like to see released on CD -

The Equalizer

Hawaii Five-O (see Mannix below)

Knots Landing

Mannix (a vinyl album soundtrack was released ages ago, but was re-released as a CD album a few years ago. Would like to see a second volume released, but I doubt it will happen. I think CBS own the rights to the music, like with the music for the original Hawaii Five-O TV series)

Midnight Caller (an extended version of Rick Braun's theme tune is available on his Intimate Secrets album)

Red Shoe Diaries (two CD albums of music, including tracks by composer George S. Clinton have been released. But there must be other tracks which could be released).

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

Too bad I didn't know about this earlier. No way I'm paying $50-$75 for one of the used copies on Amazon.com

Why buy it and then turn around to just resell it? Leave it for someone who actually wants it.

• Elders (Moderators)

Hawaii Five-O (see Mannix below)

I don´t know if you know, but there has been a release of music from Hawaii Five-O, it was also an LP, but it was re-released not long ago on CD by FilmScoreMonthly:

https://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14350/HAWAII-FIVE-0/

• 4 months later...

I've been having a lot of trouble tracking down this release in any 2nd hand way to begin with. As excited as I am for the new X Files release I didn't even know about the old Millennium release they did until recently.