MillenniuM comes finally to CD

Rate this topic

SadEyes

Guest Anephric

ZeusFaber - While the economy is in the can, soundtrack collectors seem to have become more savage. Mark Snow's music isn't embraced as commonly as other composers like John Williams (also - Mark Snow is liked by a hell of a lot more people than most TV composers!), so I'd say that if you logged onto LaLaLand's site within the first couple hours, you're fine. Just don't forget the day!

Laurent - NO PRE ORDERS! LLL use to do this until some people abused it; now its "first come, first served"!

Edited by Anephric

• Elders (Moderators)
What stores in the US will be carrying the Millennium Soundtrack?

The CD-Set will only be available through La-La-Land. This label distributes just soundtracks, like so many other smaller record labels (BSX, Prometheus, Intrada) and their releases are always only available through their websites or other soundtrack only sellers like Screenarchives, usually their releases won´t get into normal stores. The MillenniuM-Set is limited to 2000 copies and when their gone that´s it. You have to remember that the soundtrack community isn´t that large, if a regular Score-Album sells 10000 times worldwide, it´s considered a hit. The limitation to 2000 or 3000 copies has to do with the fees, because if a label produces more than 3000 copies, it has to pay higher fees, unless there´s another deal.

So, I guess the 2000 copies will sell well, but there won´t be that much more people interested in the score, even if it´s a Mark-Snow-Score. The BSX-Release of Snows "Private Fears in public places" is limited to 1000 copies and it is still not sold out.

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks for the great heads up! I hope they ship to the UK!

Updated:

Shipping and handling charges are calculated as follows:

North America : $4.00 for the 1st cd and 1.00 for each additional CD.

All orders will be shipped First Class mail via the United States Postal Service.

ALL OTHER COUNTRIES: orders are sent air mail; add $8.00 for first disc and $2.00 for each disc thereafter.

Thank God for UK shipping, never even considered if this would be a potential issue. As I HAVE to have an autographed copy of this can anyone confirm if I am right in thinking that 8pm UK time is time this will be available for purchase? Actually I think I might have to buy two copies of this, one to listen to, one to cherish unused :embarassed:

Best wishes,

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Eth,

I work it out at 8pm GMT too, but I don't know if it accounts for the clocks going back or not. So confusing. I looked at a few websites which would seem to confirm that it would be 8pm.

Please God don't let their server buckle under the weight!

Guest Anephric
Please God don't let their server buckle under the weight!

They will. We had their servers go down on at least one occasion. The best way to get an autographed copy is to sit down 15 minutes before they release it and just keep hitting F5. Familiarize yourself with how the site's links work, so you can just go in, get it and leave before their website crashes.