Millennium Theme Remix

Rate this topic

Guest Anephric

Guest Anephric

In light of UNKLE's tasteful remix of Mark Snow's X-Files Theme for the second movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98CfT1T7AA, in case you haven't heard it - it would be nice if someone did the same to the title to Millennium. Has anyone done this and I just missed it? The title to Millennium seems more "organic" while X-Files seems to be more about mood than melody.

Thoughts?

• Elders (Admins)

Can you imagine an Unkle remix of the Millennium theme tune? That would be cool, as the version they did for the X-Files film was superb, I listen to it over and over again. I don't think its been done yet by anyone, but there is a lot of content on Youtube, so a fan version may well exist.

By no means tasteful, Dirty Minds ft DJ Dado put out a Millennium Dance Remix, seriously, some time ago. I have this and it is by no means as successful as Dado's remix of the X-Files Theme. Worth seeking out if you are a MM fan all the same.

Best wishes,

Ethmillennium.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Lady3Jane
A dance remix! I don't know if I could handle that. But I am getting a good chuckle out of thinking about what it sounds like. :rofl:

*lol* I heard this on radio back then. i think I even have it on Tape somewhere. It ddin't sound that much different. Much faster with a bit of beat.

I heard that the vocal remix from the new LaLaLand Record should sound odd, any information on that?

Hi Lady3Jane,

Glad I'm not the only one to have heard this and, yes, you are spot on. It's very fast, very rave and very bad. It's strange that it was ever chosen for remix but, as I recall, around that time they would remix almost anything. Anyone remember rave remixes of Camberwick Green, The Magic Roundabout and Sesame Street theme tunes. Oddly, as MM's theme tune was inspired by a pop/dance record you would assume it would lend itself to be transposed back into the genre, sadly it doesn't.

For anyone wanting to know, this is the musical horror (sorry, I'm no Kylie fan) that gave rise to that stellar bit of composition from Mister Snow.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Lady3Jane
Hi Lady3Jane,

Glad I'm not the only one to have heard this and, yes, you are spot on. It's very fast, very rave and very bad. It's strange that it was ever chosen for remix but, as I recall, around that time they would remix almost anything. Anyone remember rave remixes of Camberwick Green, The Magic Roundabout and Sesame Street theme tunes. Oddly, as MM's theme tune was inspired by a pop/dance record you would assume it would lend itself to be transposed back into the genre, sadly it doesn't.

For anyone wanting to know, this is the musical horror (sorry, I'm no Kylie fan) that gave rise to that stellar bit of composition from Mister Snow.

Best wishes,

Eth

/b]

Hmm. colour me confused. I think I recalled that they said on the MLM Season 1 Bonus that the theme tune was inspired by a Minogue song (can't stand her, too) but from the duet with Nick Cave "Where the wild roses grow". Maybe there were to emberrassed to admit the used the one you posted.

I have to say, both could have been an inspiration for the genious Mark Snow piece...