Millennium music heard in Black Christmas

Rate this topic

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

I finally got around to watching Morgan and Wong's remake of Black Christmas (2006) a couple of nights ago.

During the film there are a lot of music tracks, but I almost shot out of my seat when I heard my favourite beautiful music from Millennium's Midnight of the Century.

Mark Snow used Pyotr (Peter) Ilyich Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite, Op.71: d. Danse arabe. Allegretto (Arabian Dance) in this episode, I find it absolutely beautiful.

It went well in the very gory Black Christmas too. Its also re-mixed into the second track on the m=2000 CD which is stunning too.

You can here it here on Youtube.

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rx8cCLumV10

The ultimate Christmas theme?

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Nutcracker is wonderful.

I plan to watch Black Christmas.The sole reason being Kristen.:wub:

Edited by arthur

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I was chatting to a few folk about this only the other day. I shot out of my seat too. It's the scene which is a flashback to Billy's childhood and it's played right at the moment he approaches the Christmas Tree. Given that the scene is shot in black and white (akin to their use of it in The Curse of Frank Black to denote a flashback scene), has all the identifiable hallmarks of Morgan and Wong's writing and music used in Millennium is playing in the background you forget, just for a moment, that you are not watching our beloved show. If only. Another Millennium Christmas Episode would be the single best Christmas present I can think of.

Eth

• Like 1