The Mikado

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Excerpts from a discussion on The Mikado with reference to a 1013 inside joke...

Omega wrote in this topic: The Mikado - In the graveyard where the first victim's head is found, the name 'Hans Renker' is scratched on a rough wooden cross.

'Hans Renker' is a scenic painter (paint co-ordinator) who has worked on episodes of the X-files, Harsh Realm, The Dead Zone etc. Coincidence? 

The Old Man responded:

Nicely spotted, another one of those inside 1013 Caveats!

I checked and Hans Renker wasn't credited on working on the episode The Mikado but instead the Head Painter was Jenny Seinen.

Perhaps they borrowed the crate from an X-Files set or it was an inside joke?

TheSunKing1972 wrote:

Man, it seems that my late arrival to this place was a good thing. I was gonna ask about the " Hans Renker " name on the cross in the graveyard. I mean, it was written in blood I think...so maybe they had intended to use that as the killers identity at one point, but scratched that because it was so obvious or something. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

• 11 months later...

"You can count on it"

Interestingly the robe donned by the Avatar is almost identical to the one worn by Aleister Crowley in his book 'Magick in Theory and Practice' - where the Avatar has the capital Phi, Crowley had an embroidered Rose Cross and there are visual similarities between both emblems as well as the robe itself. I cannot find an online image of this but trust me it's eerie to the power of 10.

Mikado is a study in numbers, and a rather excellent one at that, from URL's, clock counters, numerical codes, bus route designations and so on and so forth. As mentioned above the symbol on the Avatar's robe is a capital Phi (if you are interested there is a fascinating occult description of this symbol in the pages of Grant Morrisons 'Doom Patrol' - absolute genius). Phi ( = 1.618033988749895... ), is simply an irrational number like pi ( p = 3.14159265358979... ), but one with many unusual mathematical properties.

It was known to Renaissance artists as the Divine Proportion, Golden Section, Golden Ratio and the Golden Mean. It also has connections to the biblical 666, which is evil by numbers just like 'Mikado', if you take the sine of 666º, you get -0.80901699, which is one-half of negative phi, or sometimes referred to as "anti-phi." A bit occult I know , but Phi is not only a number but considered, by some, an evil number: very apt that it should appear in this episode.

Another repeating theme is the use of an AKA, alias, anonym, handle, screen name (call it what you will). LadyLove states that his online persona is simply a pseudonym used when writing not unlike many authors. Wonder if that is where Captain Bachman received his surname from, Stephen King would be proud. Love the yellow house, yellow caravan analogy: could be a thesis in itself.

Finally, why, oh why, oh why did they put Roedecker in the recycle bin? Interestingly in 'The One'(another numerical fest) written by James Wong and Glen Morgan there is a character named Roedecker though not a patch of MM's own Lone Gunman. What I would give for "Dirty Snowball".

Till then,

ethsnafu

"You can count on it"

Interestingly the robe donned by the Avatar is almost identical to the one worn by Aleister Crowley in his book 'Magick in Theory and Practice' - where the Avatar has the capital Phi, Crowley had an embroidered Rose Cross and there are visual similarities between both emblems as well as the robe itself. I cannot find an online image of this but trust me it's eerie to the power of 10.

Mikado is a study in numbers, and a rather excellent one at that, from URL's, clock counters, numerical codes, bus route designations and so on and so forth. As mentioned above the symbol on the Avatar's robe is a capital Phi (if you are interested there is a fascinating occult description of this symbol in the pages of Grant Morrisons 'Doom Patrol' - absolute genius). Phi ( = 1.618033988749895... ), is simply an irrational number like pi ( p = 3.14159265358979... ), but one with many unusual mathematical properties.

It was known to Renaissance artists as the Divine Proportion, Golden Section, Golden Ratio and the Golden Mean. It also has connections to the biblical 666, which is evil by numbers just like 'Mikado', if you take the sine of 666º, you get -0.80901699, which is one-half of negative phi, or sometimes referred to as "anti-phi." A bit occult I know , but Phi is not only a number but considered, by some, an evil number: very apt that it should appear in this episode.

Another repeating theme is the use of an AKA, alias, anonym, handle, screen name (call it what you will). LadyLove states that his online persona is simply a pseudonym used when writing not unlike many authors. Wonder if that is where Captain Bachman received his surname from, Stephen King would be proud. Love the yellow house, yellow caravan analogy: could be a thesis in itself.

Finally, why, oh why, oh why did they put Roedecker in the recycle bin? Interestingly in 'The One'(another numerical fest) written by James Wong and Glen Morgan there is a character named Roedecker though not a patch of MM's own Lone Gunman. What I would give for "Dirty Snowball".

Till then,

ethsnafu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If phi is evil then my whole body is rife with it (phi). I would like more info.on the "evil" phi. Phi is a wonderful number; found in flowers, animals, orbits and as mentioned in our bodies.

Check it out at:

https://goldennumber.net/

Hi Hippyroo! (Are you named after the Wuzzles? Does anyone even remember them?)

Loved your post, brings up some very interesting points and who doesn't love a good debate?

There's a real moot point in this sort of subject, one man's God is another's Devil and it's too easy to think of things as being 'good' and 'bad' hence why I wrote that some people consider phi to have evil connotations. Conversely some people think incredibly differently: some people butter bread, some people slit throats: same knife different interpretation of its use (your mention of phi being wonderful because it is found in flowers engenders a similar analogy: digitalis, also found in flowers, can radically cure or fatally injure.)

It is said that:

The Golden Section is based on a numerical ratio called PHI (1.6) much like PI (3.14). PHI ratio not only ties into the Golden Section, it is what makes the Fibonacci sequence work.

1 2 3 5 8, etc ----- 8/5 = 1.6

This sequence continues perfectly as far as you take the Fibonacci sequence down to a perfect 1.6 with 15 decimal places.

What does all this mean? It means that the PHI ratio is the perfect (God) ratio on Earth.

Note that this 'God' was considered the demiurge (devil) of the Gnostics, see the problem. What use is something being Godly if that God is evil. I've confused myself now. Anyone still here?

My friend, who is a much wiser occultist than I, went into an elaborate debate on Phi that is beyond my abilities to reproduce it save to say that he scoffs at all certainties and assertions that 'this is what is is , so say the ancient Greeks', Chaos psychonauts (sounds more space-cadet than it is) consider this outmoded in the radical atmosphere of post-millennial philosophy and magick (where something means what YOU want it to mean, not what 'Old Mother Redcap' wanted it to mean) there are also many more who salute occult antiquities and search for meaning in the veils of the past. Below is a mere picking of the association of phi with Satanism, 666, The Three Gateways and Kronos. It is a fascinating subject which you ultimately have to see through you own eyes.

I personally luff phi, I remember all the 'golden section' tutorials of my art A Level: the only thing I do remember as I still can't draw hands. One man's meat eh?

Till then,

ethsnafu

Mathematical musings on Phi/666

666 Associations and Statements

Antichrist 666

666, Sun cycle and Phi

Kronos, Satanism and Phi

Phi and the Three Gateways of Satanism

This list could go on and on but the best info I have is in books, I can scan them some time next week if you are interested?

Finally: This band fascinates me and scares me to death in equal measure they manipulate Phi Binaural Beats to stimulate brainwave activity creating music for Sex Magick and Black Ritual Workings. Go here to hear phi if you dare: don't forget your bell book and candle......

P75

Hi Hippyroo! (Are you named after the Wuzzles? Does anyone even remember them?)

Loved your post, brings up some very interesting points and who doesn't love a good debate?

There's a real moot point in this sort of subject, one man's God is another's Devil and it's too easy to think of things as being 'good' and 'bad' hence why I wrote that some people consider phi to have evil connotations. Conversely some people think incredibly differently: some people butter bread, some people slit throats: same knife different interpretation of its use (your mention of phi being wonderful because it is found in flowers engenders a similar analogy: digitalis, also found in flowers, can radically cure or fatally injure.)

It is said that:

The Golden Section is based on a numerical ratio called PHI (1.6) much like PI (3.14). PHI ratio not only ties into the Golden Section, it is what makes the Fibonacci sequence work.

1 2 3 5 8, etc ----- 8/5 = 1.6

This sequence continues perfectly as far as you take the Fibonacci sequence down to a perfect 1.6 with 15 decimal places.

What does all this mean? It means that the PHI ratio is the perfect (God) ratio on Earth.

Note that this 'God' was considered the demiurge (devil) of the Gnostics, see the problem. What use is something being Godly if that God is evil. I've confused myself now. Anyone still here?

My friend, who is a much wiser occultist than I, went into an elaborate debate on Phi that is beyond my abilities to reproduce it save to say that he scoffs at all certainties and assertions that 'this is what is is , so say the ancient Greeks', Chaos psychonauts (sounds more space-cadet than it is) consider this outmoded in the radical atmosphere of post-millennial philosophy and magick (where something means what YOU want it to mean, not what 'Old Mother Redcap' wanted it to mean) there are also many more who salute occult antiquities and search for meaning in the veils of the past. Below is a mere picking of the association of phi with Satanism, 666, The Three Gateways and Kronos. It is a fascinating subject which you ultimately have to see through you own eyes.

I personally luff phi, I remember all the 'golden section' tutorials of my art A Level: the only thing I do remember as I still can't draw hands. One man's meat eh?

Till then,

ethsnafu

Mathematical musings on Phi/666

666 Associations and Statements

Antichrist 666

666, Sun cycle and Phi

Kronos, Satanism and Phi

Phi and the Three Gateways of Satanism

This list could go on and on but the best info I have is in books, I can scan them some time next week if you are interested?

Finally: This band fascinates me and scares me to death in equal measure they manipulate Phi Binaural Beats to stimulate brainwave activity creating music for Sex Magick and Black Ritual Workings. Go here to hear phi if you dare: don't forget your bell book and candle......

P75

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel safe now. Phi is manipulated a bit to be related to 666. The pentagon however is most certainly all PHI; I expected to read more about this at the sites.

I did not go to the last site. It's sort of like I don't play with OUIJA boards, so why would I want to invite occult music into my sex life?

Ouija boards are not good are they, the very thought of them scares me, my Mother forbade the very word be ever mentioned in front of her or in her home. All the same, the final website on the list is an interesting concept, I have never heard any of their music as, like you, I am unhappy inviting such things in but I have read their remit and it is certainly different. Glad you are happy about Phi. I see connections everywhere so never worry if I say anything is bad, I used to be terrified of a Miss Piggy Soap my parents bought for me, as a child I hasten to add, and I wouldn't consider her in league with the Devil. Mind you, now you come to mention it cloven hooves, swine, unclean things...mmmm.....

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Elders (Moderators)
Excerpts from a discussion on The Mikado with reference to a 1013 inside joke...

(See the first entry in this topic for the "Hans Renker" inside-joke.)

Here's another, from the DVD commentary by Michael Perry. When Frank is in Roedecker's apartment and they're looking at the list of possible victims, Roedecker lists three of them: Claudia Vance, Rebecca Damsen, and Patricia Viamonte. Michael Perry then says that those are the names of three of his sisters, but then quickly points out that the photos are not theirs! Presumably the rest of the details aren't his sister's either. :oneeyedwinK