Season 1 Set Review At Ign

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

If you haven't seen the whole show then I wouldn't read it. It has huge spoilers in the middle of it. That don't relate to the season 1 set at all. Like Dixson says the guy seems to have a grudge. Because he brings up the most wanted dvd vote again. And before he acted like he had never heard of the show, but in the review he gives away some of the biggest events that are in Season 2!!! I'm not sure how a guy that supposedly didn't know what Millennium is knows the big events in season 2. Anyway there are some screenshots. And news that they will be in thin amaray cases. :cry: Ah well. go to the link to see the review....just beware the guy seems to have a grudge. https://dvd.ign.com/articles/524/524176p1.html?fromint=1

Guest Yogurt

Hey that's a good point. Maybe somone should bring that up on the forum at ing and see how hes gona defend himself? :grin2:

Guest 19:19

i found his review to be hilarious. everything he found to suck about the show is why i liked it so much.

"Much more brutal and harsh than Profiler, perhaps too much."

"This show is definitely not for everyone. But if you like any form of entertainment that looks at the ugliest, darkest side of humanity and unabashedly labels it for the evil it is, then this is your show."

"I'm beginning to think Carter is to series TV what David Fincher is to film". I dont know if this is suppose to be a cut down but i certainly take it as a complement.

Guest Second Coming

This is this line that made me crack up. I was thinking "f you man".

"Regular director David Nutter (boy is that a perfect surname for someone working on this show)...."

What an ass.

• Elders (Admins)

Hhhm, I have to say I thought that review was very poor and showed no inner knowledge of the design of the show at all. I'm no expert on DVD Reviews but I can't see how you can comment on the picture quality without pointing out that Robert McLachlan deliberately altered (reduced) the colour the further the camera travelled from Frank's Yellow House and he introduced various special camera lens effects which were not mentioned. Perhaps I'm expecting too much but Millennium is a peice of art and as such has to be understood far beyond the character plots. The review was extremely brief but I compared it to other reviews on that site. They all feature poor attempts at humour as still captions and are extremely brief given the obvious good fortune of being first reviews.

I got my review copy from FOX today.

The menus are great. Nice montages of footage from the series used to lead up to the main menu. The ouro moving across the screen. The main menu has Frank black's face on the right and footage from season one playing on the left. The Millennium theme song plays as it leads up to the main menu.

Each disc is in a clear plastic case. Photo stills from certain episodes are on each disc sleeve cover.

I will probably try to have a review done before July 4th.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest RJ2000

Well, gee, where do I start? After reading his review, I've got a few problems.

First, he complains because a fan site "encouraged" it's members to vote for Most Wanted DVD. Sorry, but isn't that what fan sites are supposed to do? Encourage fans to vote for the thing that they are a fan of?

Then he compares it to Rush fans doing it for their DVD. I don't know if that's a slam against fans of Rush, but, it sounds like it to me. (By the way, Rush rules! :tongue: )

"I certainly had no desire to watch more than two episodes per night while reviewing this set." Then how did you get a job being a reviewer if you can't handle more than two hours a night? Pussy. (I apologize if I offended anyone.)

I also doubt he'd have any "babes" in the office like the picture shown. Any self-respecting "babe" would appreciate a man who enjoys a show like Millennium. :bigsmile:

Two words for this reviewer: Up Yours!

• Elders (Admins)

Totally agree with you on that, makes you wonder why he reviewed it at all.

His critisism because one group of TV show fans worked harder than another group seems laughable to me. There are quite a few reviewers on that site and I can only hope they all don't put personal likes and dislikes into their reviews, that's hardly grounds for a fair review to me.

Guest Second Coming
Totally agree with you on that, makes you wonder why he reviewed it at all.

His critisism because one group of TV show fans worked harder than another group seems laughable to me. There are quite a few reviewers on that site and I can only hope they all don't put personal likes and dislikes into their reviews, that's hardly grounds for a fair review to me.

I personally think the guy couldn't wait to review the series. Just to slam it. I think he had already made his mind up about it. He probably got upset that people were voting for this show and not some other show that is a favorite of his. Peewee's Playhouse or something like that.