B2FB Podcast - Episode Three "The Gift" Online

Rate this topic

Guest RodimusBen

Hi Ben :hiya:

I do recall those conversations and look forward to your continued support once Lost is done and dusted. The current podcast, of which I am contributing to only in a supportive role, was very much the brain child of James and Troy and quite independent of the original discussions we had. Truth be told, it was born out of opportunity and happy accident as James was invited to guest on a podcast which led to bigger and better things. That said, I will be making an appearance at some point, that is inevitable, and hope you will consider doing so too. We should certainly pool our efforts, we are, after all, a small community when all is said and done. Look forward to chatting to you in the future my friend and hope you enjoy what is left of Lost.

Best wishes,

Mark

Guest Jim McLean

Just to echo Mark's comments, this was something I decided to push on with - Mark was gracious enough to offer the support I desired (as he always does), which I appreciate wholeheartedly. If you feel a little snubbed - entirely understandable - it's my place to apologise being my call to move on with this.

In the end we had a few interested parties, all of them "maybes" for the future. Circumstance brought me together with a committed veteran campaigner and podcaster in one and I couldn't ignore the opportunity to embrace a certainty over the future potentials.

In my defence, a campaign like this really can't wait for anything - unless it has to. If opportunity arises to take the campaign to a new level one has to take it - even if it doesn't award him the crown of King Popular!

Again, to echo Mark, we're always looking for contributors. The first podcast was just a "finding feet" affair which I'm sure will be evident, but I think with the help of the industry and community combined, we can make it something quite special.

Guest thadarkside

Ben,

I had been away from the boards for a bit due to my work load, but finally was able to get back to the boards and Millennium. I came across the Back2FrankBlack website and sent the guys a message that I was interested in helping, since I was involved with another campaign in the past. I had written a blog about the show Millennium and sent it to James to get his thoughts. After we started talking, I asked would he be interested in coming on my show to do a whole episode about Millennium. I just happened by chance. We had such a great time doing it, that I offered to jump in and start the Millennium podcast.

Any and all input/participation is welcome. We are all one family. So any thoughts, ideas that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Troy

Guest RodimusBen

Nah, I didn't want to give the indication that I felt snubbed. Truth be told, I wasn't quite sure how easy it would be for me to keep up with a podcast on a regular basis with my job duties being what they are. I feel like the project is in good hands.

If there are ways that I could contribute, please let me know and I'll do my best.

Guest thadarkside

Ben,

I am glad you feel that way. Did not want to snub anyone in this process. If you have any ideas or thoughts about how you can contribute to the show or make the show better, by all means let us know. This is a fan based podcast. I am not sure about how Mark and James feel, but I would definitely like to open the show up by having some of the fans on the show talking about their favorite episode, how the show affected their lives and so on. We need as much support as we can get and I look forward to working with you.

Absolutely, the more the merrier. Troy's offer is open to any one of you, if you have the means to participate, currently Skype I believe, then let us know. If you haven't you can contribute by suggesting content or reviewing the podcasts and adding your ideas to the mix. Ben, you are welcome to tackle the daunting subject of Season Three in much the same way as I am keeping my ears to the ground until such time as the thorny subject of Lara Means raises its head.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Jim McLean
Absolutely, the more the merrier. Troy's offer is open to any one of you, if you have the means to participate, currently Skype I believe, then let us know. If you haven't you can contribute by suggesting content or reviewing the podcasts and adding your ideas to the mix. Ben, you are welcome to tackle the daunting subject of Season Three in much the same way as I am keeping my ears to the ground until such time as the thorny subject of Lara Means raises its head.

Best wishes,

Eth

Some nice ideas. Character study and fan critiques. Honestly, we're open to all suggestions. One key point we repeat in this first one is that fans need to interact for any campaign - and thereby podcast - to be effective. As much as we want to get some interviews with industry and media types on board, we want to do more in terms of fans. The first podcast is a little raw as we juggle the various components and see what takes up time, but I'd like to keep the podcasts fresh and interesting as much as informative.

I found it to be enjoyable and hope it reaches some new ears out there. I know my wife's ears perked up once you mentioned Homicide Life on the Streets. That and The X Files have always been her favorite shows.

Hi Model,

So it's a family affair is it? That's quite incredible really, one of the things myself and others have often lamented is that we have never found anyone close to hand to share an episode of Millennium with, most of my chums really didn't appreciate it. Any how, I am listening to the very first episode as well speak and it really is great, the plan is that this will be made available to you on Sunday. If you have been following this thread and come to the conclusion that a life of broadcasting isn't for you, trust me I empathise with that, then consider joining me in the role of research and promotion for want of a better description. You can be a powerful tool in shaping the success of this venture, it does not require anything more than pointing your friends, family and fellow genre fans in our direction. As the first episode focusses on the Pilot it is the perfect accompaniment to a viewing of the series for the first time, heck, it may even spur people on to find out more and watch for the first time.

Consider this your permission to brainstorm, we want to hear not only what you want but want you dont, the same can be said for the final product, I am sure all the team will appreciate hearing what you liked as well as what you liked less.

Don't think you need to sign your life away to the campaign to support this. Just download it, enjoy and let us know what you think of it - simple.

Best wishes,

Eth