B2FB Podcast - Episode Three "The Gift" Online

Rate this topic

Guest RodimusBen

Just finished printing another letter to Mr. Broidy at Fox. I must admit I have not been keeping up the relentless letter writing as I did for Firefly,but the interviews and podcasts from BTFB have been a great encouragement. I don't know how you and Jim find the time to do all that you do for this campaign but I must say the dedication certainly shows.

And yes my wife and I do have somewhat similar tastes in TV and movies though I have had to say I did suffer through my share of chick flicks.

Guest thadarkside

Model..thanks for writing the letter! As long as you get it out there, that's all we can ask of you. Joining the campaign, I have come to realize how much work it takes to be apart of it. Doing my podcast alone was one thing, but now we are taking it to anoter level with the BTFB podcast. I think you guys are going to really enjoy it, we've added a little twist to the podcast. It should be up very, very soon.

Also, be on the lookout for something else very cool. Jim and myself are going to be guests on a very cool podcast show talking about the campaign and whatever they want to chat about. I can talk all day! We'll keep you posted on that also.

Keep fighting the fight people!!

BTFBPodcastEpisodeOne%20copy.jpg

BacktoFrankBlack: The Millennium Group Sessions, hosted by Troy Foreman and co-hosted by Jim McLean, is now available for free download via BacktoFrankBlack.com AND on ITunes!

To download from BacktoFrankBlack.com

-- For the enhanced image podcast (with some pretty exclusive photos) for Itunes and Ipod lovers: Click here! (15MB 60 mins)

-- For a high quality podcast (no images embedded into this one): Right click here and select "save link as.." (60MB 60 mins)

To download from ITUNES

To subscribe to the Itunes podcast, simply load up the Itunes store on your Itunes application, search for BacktoFrankBlack and wait for the podcast to pop onto the list. Then click "subscribe" - you will need to sign up to a free Itunes account to do this - but Itunes does run a great service for podcasts of all types (including our friends ThaDarkSideVibe and Spooktalkular)

ouronatamer%20copy2.jpg

BacktoFrankBlack: Millennium Group Sessions 01 - Pilot/Pilot

In the pilot episode, Troy Foreman and Jim McLean give you, the potential very dear listeners, information about the campaign's background, news updates on the campaign and the cast/crew of Millennium and a frank, informal chat about the pilot episode of our favourite TV show. (60mins)

This free podcast is available on a fortnightly basis via ITUNES. We'll naturally update you all on information on the podcast from this blog as well.

With ITUNES, anyone who has an Itunes friendly account will be able to subscribe easily and download the podcasts as they are released. We recommend the ITUNES friendly enhanced podcast because each episode will have its unique set of images to accompany the chatter!

FEEDBACK IS MUCH APPRECIATED BY THE TEAM

Guest donkeyjote

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed this podcast. A big cheer for Jim and Troy. Evidently a lot of effort has been put into it, and it shows.

Now I hope many people give it a listen...

Oh, and next episode, you better be on it Mr Hayden! :p

Guest Verbal_Kint

I'm in such a state of mind right now that listening to anything that even remotely touches Millennium gives me a kind of an enjoyment. So, i listened to this podcast and am really amazed by the amount of optimism, positive energy and a sense of a joy of taking an enterprise, whatever it may be, that these guys emit. And, whatever their result might be, they'll have their share of joy of just doing what they do.

However, i have a sense that they are barking up the wrong tree. How it seems, Fox is not very interested in this project, and Fox is the basically the only tree they are concentrating on. Why not expand the campaign, from Fox - to everyone. Maybe there's someone who would be easier to influence. For example, instead of trying to make Fox to resurrect the show, why not try to talk some other production into buying off the rights for the show? Maybe someone else could find more interest in continuing it, than Fox? Maybe someone out there needs boosting up the ratings more than Fox does? Why not try to convince them?

Hi there Verbal Klint :)

On behalf of myself, James and Troy, accept my profound thanks, not only for listening to the podcast but for taking the time to share your enjoyment and opinion on it. We hope everyone will take the time to listen to this production and share their opinion of it and any questions or comments they may have in light of that.

You raise a very valid point and one which I am only too happy to address.

Since the onset of this campaign we have been flexible with regards to what we consider a successful return for the franchise. Of course we want a movie but a comic book, a continuation as a series of novels, a direct to DVD film, heck, any and all things considered. We also don't mind who is responsible for such a return but such an ambiguous mandate does not make for a successful campaign. We needed to have a target that all efforts could be directed toward, thirty letters to thirty companies is far less successful that thirty to one individual, the individual in question, Michael Broidy, being very much an ally of 1013 and was in some small way responsible for putting things into motion with regards to X-Files: I Want To Believe.

During on our time on this project, we have reached out to almost everyone, only today I spoke to one such company who is in discussion with a view to bringing something Millennium to the masses, news on that when it is more certain, but we echo your sentiments, as does Lance as it happens who really wants Millennium made on HBO this time around, if not a movie of course. As the old adage goes, well it isn't really old but it has been said a lot in the past, we'd settle for Millennium The Musical if necessary. Bring back Frank Black and the rest is fine and dandy with us.

I am sure Jim and Troy will drop by and read your comments and praise and, again, I thank you for them. And keep listening, a new episode is due to be recorded this Sunday and we have some exciting things planned for the future.

Warm regards,

Eth

Guest thadarkside
I'm in such a state of mind right now that listening to anything that even remotely touches Millennium gives me a kind of an enjoyment. So, i listened to this podcast and am really amazed by the amount of optimism, positive energy and a sense of a joy of taking an enterprise, whatever it may be, that these guys emit. And, whatever their result might be, they'll have their share of joy of just doing what they do.

However, i have a sense that they are barking up the wrong tree. How it seems, Fox is not very interested in this project, and Fox is the basically the only tree they are concentrating on. Why not expand the campaign, from Fox - to everyone. Maybe there's someone who would be easier to influence. For example, instead of trying to make Fox to resurrect the show, why not try to talk some other production into buying off the rights for the show? Maybe someone else could find more interest in continuing it, than Fox? Maybe someone out there needs boosting up the ratings more than Fox does? Why not try to convince them?

Verbal Klint,

I am one of the co-hosts on the podcast and I thank you for taking the time out not only to listen to the show, but to leave some feedback. We thoroughly enjoyed talking about Millennium and could have gone on much longer!

As to your question about only targeting FOX, when I was involved in another campaign years ago, I thought the same thing. But I soon came to realize that it was more more effective to target one single objective then several. It can spread your people and resources thin. I do see your point trust me, but FOX is the focal point right now.

Thanks again for listening to the show and get ready for episode 2!

• Elders (Admins)

I got to listen to the first half of the Podcast yesterday evening and I totally enjoyed it. Looking forward to catching up with the second half today, but I think I'll start again to get back into the flow of it! I posted a news article at Millennium-Thisiswhoweare.net yesterday, so hopefully it will attract some extra listeners and new supporters of the campaign. Sterling work guys, and I love the contrast between your accents too dare I say it!

Thadarkside, in your original podcast when you interviewed Jim/Laredo, I really got into the discussion and opinions on the episodes, it made me think about and consider some of the elements and themes of those episodes. Its really great to have a Talk Radio Millennium show to listen to and I'm glad you are continuing along on similar themes!

Guest Thomas

I am listening to the podcast and enjoy it very much. You are doing a great job!!!!!!!!!