Season 2 Dvd

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

So what Old man showed so far had, the season being released in Full Frame. And showed the special features in widescreen. Interesting.

I hope we get some commentaries from Morgan and Wong.

And also 2 commentaries from Darin Morgan on "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" and "Somehow Satan Got Behind Me". (I pray for these two) :praying:

Guest WaveCrest

It'll be in widescreen won't it, S2 on DVD? The 1997-98 on TXF was the first in widescreen so I assume it will be the first for Millennium.

• Elders (Admins)

Well so far it certainly looks like normal 4:3 (1.33:1) aspect ratio with the extras in widescreen as Second Coming mentioned. I was hoping for widescreen with Season Two myself. I guess we'll have to wait for Fox to confirm.

Guest Demolition Man

Pretty much the best thing we can do at the moment is to wait for Fox to make the official announcement. So far sites like Amazon have not given out the exact technical info on what screen format Season 2 is going to be in, and I would assume if the documentry stuff is going to be 16:9 Widescreen then the episodes will be that as well (since all the documentry stuff on Season 1 is 4:3). :praying:

I'll be in Heaven if Season 2 is in Widescreen since that's the best season of the show. :bigsmile:

Pretty much the best thing we can do at the moment is to wait for Fox to make the official announcement. So far sites like Amazon have not given out the exact technical info on what screen format Season 2 is going to be in, and I would assume if the documentry stuff is going to be 16:9 Widescreen then the episodes will be that as well (since all the documentry stuff on Season 1 is 4:3).  :praying:

I'll be in Heaven if Season 2 is in Widescreen since that's the best season of the show.  :bigsmile:

Actually the season One documentary stuff is 1.78:1 widescreen with 1.33:1 footage from the show cropped to 1.78:1 for the documentaries. Wouldn't surprise me if the documentaries are anamorphic (since the 1.33:1 footage is cropped to 1.78:1 just for the documentaries on disc six).

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Guest amnesic

i may be in the minoirity but i detest widescreen! i always prefer to have the picture as big as possible

Guest Demolition Man
i may be in the minoirity but i detest widescreen! i always prefer to have the picture as big as possible

You may perfer to have the picture as "big as possible" but how about the many films that are intended to be seen in Widescreen? Sorry, but I find it unwatchable when I know that 50% of the actual film is chopped off.

Guest se7en

.......damn straight man! :smokin: though it is an aquired taste. especially if one has a square 4:3 screen and it's smaller than 27-inches. then it can be a bit hard on the eyes,ya know? especially if it's 2.35-2.40:1! but having a hi-def 16:9 set i also have a hard time veiwing non widescreen material when it's intended to be seen as such. in fact it drives me nuts!

...i really think only S3 will be 16x9 which is fine with me as S2 is the low point, "overall", of the series for myself.-(however,it would be a sweet-sweet thing to see such eps as "Beware of the dog","Luminary" and "The Mikado" in glorious anamorphic-widescreen on a progressive-scan DVD-player.) but make no mistake,it will be bullshit if S2 is not ecoded properly for widescreen if it was shot that way,which i beleive it was.

PEAC-ES,

se7en