Season 2 Dvd

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest se7en
Excellent post Rooster!

.....don't you have a 16:9 set,Gra? 34-inch,right? ...mine is a 2002-Samsung- 47-inch 16x9 Hi-Def set. BTW: 16x9, in which all "native" Hi-Def programing is broadcast actually comes out to 1.78:1 and not 1.85:1. with 1.85:1-FLAT you "do" still get very minute black bars on the top and bottom, while 1.85-ENHANCED,1.66:1 AND 1.78:1 will fill the screen entirely. 2.35:1-panoramic is what most action and/or epic movies are shot on and have the most pronounced black bars on a widescreen set. but it's a damn sight better than viewing it on a square screen of even comparable size.

Frank-Mobile-?

se7en :ouro:

Guest amnesic

just noticed that S2 is due out in september. You wait years for one DVD to come out and then two come along within a couple of months of each other. as Bill and Ted would say: EXCELLENT!

*plays air guitar*

• Elders (Admins)

.....don't you have a 16:9 set,Gra? 34-inch,right? ...mine is a 2002-Samsung- 47-inch 16x9 Hi-Def set. BTW: 16x9, in which all "native" Hi-Def programing is broadcast actually comes out to 1.78:1 and not 1.85:1. with 1.85:1-FLAT you "do" still get very minute black bars on the top and bottom, while 1.85-ENHANCED,1.66:1 AND 1.78:1 will fill the screen entirely. 2.35:1-panoramic is what most action and/or epic movies are shot on and have the most pronounced black bars on a widescreen set. but it's a damn sight better than viewing it on a square screen of even comparable size.

Frank-Mobile-?

Hi mate, yes its a 32" Philips widescreen. 47"? Everything about you damn Yanks has to be massive! :tongue: I'm insanely jealous! Is it a Rear Projection or Plasma Screen? Sky are planning to start broadcasting in Hi Definition during 2006 so a new TV could be on the cards then!

Guest se7en

Hi mate, yes its a 32" Philips widescreen. 47"? Everything about you damn Yanks has to be massive! :tongue: I'm insanely jealous! Is it a Rear Projection or Plasma Screen? Sky are planning to start broadcasting in Hi Definition during 2006 so a new TV could be on the cards then!

...is it a plasma? HELL NO! that likely would have set me back,02,about $15-$20,000! mine is a rear projection. to be honest,even if i had the money i would never buy plasma at this point. NO plasma set can yet reproduce true-accurate blacks. while plasma set can produce a dazzling picture form me it's not much more than a vanity purchase,which can hang on a wall! :smokin: ...i'm Very happy with what i have at this time. and rather than paying over 10-grand i only paid $1799-back in 2002. -(my model now you can find new for $1,200. if you do step up Gra i recomend either rear projection, or if space is an issue, the slightly cheaper than plasma LCD or Lcos sets. these sets have no tubes so you can put,say, a 42-inch or larger screen on a table top stand. they only weigh about 60-70 pounds and are about 5-8-inches depth,i beleive.

~Frank-Mobile-?

Guest The Roosters

amnesic

If you just bought a 28" widescreen you'll be impressed. I don't think you keep trying to buy non-widescreen. Once you see what you;ve been missing all along you'll be kicking yourself in the ass. I also don't think going from a 14" to a 28" is a step up. Hell No! It's a jump up. :bigsmile:

What you need to due is put in a dvd that has full screen on one side of the disk and widescreen on the other side. Alot of DVDs come that way. Watch it in both formats. You see exactly what you've been missing.

I hate seeing "This motion picture has been formated to fit your screen" at the beginning of movies! :cry:

Edited by The Roosters

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

Visiting the BBFC site a while ago I saw amongst the new additions to the Recent Decisions section for video and DVD two episode listings for Season 2. :jumping: First time these have been rated by the BBFC as of course S2 has never been released in the UK before. They were for......

The Hand of Saint Sebastian - 12 certificate

& The Mikado - 15 certificate.

I thought the latter may have likely got an 18 but no, a 15.

Edited by WaveCrest

Visiting the BBFC site a while ago I saw amongst the new additions to the Recent Decisions section for video and DVD two episode listings for Season 2.  :jumping: First time these have been rated by the BBFC as of course S2 has never been released in the UK before. They were for......

The Hand of Saint Sebastian - 12 certificate

& The Mikado - 15 certificate.

I thought the latter may have likely got an 18 but no, a 15.

And what's best the BBFC site lists the episodes as widescreen.