Season 2 Dvd

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

• Elders (Admins)

Yes its true not that I didn't believe you! Whats more these episodes have Audio Commentaries! Wide screen! Woohoo! Just as we'd always figured with Season Two.

I would have hoped for a commentary on The Curse Of Frank Black more than anything else for S2. Ah well. Can't have everything!

From Play.com Season 2 (with S1 artwork no less!)

Special Features

Contains All 21 Episodes From Series 2 Over 6 DVDs

Audio Commentary On 'The Hand Of Saint Sebastian' By Director Tom Wright

Audio Commentary On 'The Mikado' By Writer Michael R. Perry

'The Turn Of The Tide: Making Season 2' Featurette (33 Minutes)

'Academy Group: Victimology' Featurette (24 Minutes)

Running Time 1013 Minutes

Guest chrisnu

That's wonderful news. A commentary by Darin Morgan would have been icing on the cake, but nothing's perfect. Maybe he'll have some time in the making of featurette.

Guest WaveCrest

On my main XF board a Play.com link was posted to the page listing S2 on Region 2 DVD...with the recently added front cover! I bet it's already been posted in one of the pinned threads above, if not from Play.com another DVD site. Because the S2 cover has been posted already.

S2 being in widescreen fits as it was the same season as TXF first being made in widescreen.

Guest se7en

.......as i thought i had heard before there is less material, extra's wise than the S1 box. ...also there are not 21 epsidoes in S2; there are 23. -(AHHHHHHH,ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN!-YES!!)

se7en

Guest WaveCrest

Watching a few episodes of MM's first season in the past couple of weeks and three of Harsh Realm I could see the difference with there being no widescreen for the former but with Harsh Realm. I've read things here that S1 of MM was filmed in widescreen but made to fit fullscreen. Yet it seems to me that it was not filmed in widescreen as it looks squashed when watching the DVDs on a widescreen telly.

On the other hand watching Harsh Realm it looks right with it having been filmed in widescreen and watching it on a widescreen telly. It'll be the same with S2.

I found it interesting the move from full to widescreen with Season 4 to 5 of TXF and am looking forward to the same with MM's second season.

I think the first episode I'll watch will be Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense! Haven't seen any of that since I watched bits at the start of it at an XF meetup.

Guest Discopolis
I've read things here that S1 of MM was filmed in widescreen but made to fit fullscreen. Yet it seems to me that it was not filmed in widescreen as it looks squashed when watching the DVDs on a widescreen telly.

Of course it looks "squashed" because it was not released in widescreen format. The aspect ratio of the first season is 1.33:1 (fullscreen) so you can not "make" it widescreen just by watching it on widescreen TV.

The X-Files was protected for widescreen for the latter seasons, but opening credits were made only for fullscreen. I'm betting the same goes for Millennium, so we probably get chopped opening credits for seasons two and three. I'm hoping they made Frank's visions in widescreen so they won't need cropping.

Guest Demolition Man

I would assume that since his visions are part of the production that they too are done in WS. This is great news tho, looking very forward to seeing Season 2 and 3 in WS. :)

Guest Demolition Man
Well, the documentaries are mostly in 1.78:1 widescreen (but seeing the title sequence in 1.33:1 at the end of one of the documentaries might mean the documentaires are in non-anamorphic 1.78:1 widescreen).  Any footage in the documentaries are cropped to 1.78:1 (so you do lose some of the original 1.33:1 image in the documentaries).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

FYI the documentry's on Season 1 are 1.85:1 and are 4:3 Letterbox, not 16:9 enhanced. I'm presuming since the interviews were shot at Widescreen is the main reason why they decided to matte any of the footage of the show for the documentrys. Honestly the footage shown that was matted to WS looked very good for the most part, with exceptions of one or two brief shots shown you wouldn't of thought that it was originally intended for the 1.33:1 format. Still, I am glad that S1 is in its intended 1.33:1 format, and I am looking forward to seeing S2 and S3 for the first time in its intended Widescreen format. :jumping:

Another odd thing I noticed - the menus are 16:9 Widescreen. I noticed it right away on my HDTV (Phillips 32 inch 4:3 model), the video had the signature vertical distortion so I put the TV on 16:9 Widescreen and sure enough it it looked very good. I then played it with my DVD player set to both 4:3 P&S and 4:3 Letterbox and the player in both cases cropped off the sides so it would fit the 4:3 area (assuming the menu has pan and scan cuemarkers inserted).

Very odd tho, but I thought I'd let you know this.