Season 2 Dvd

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

There's some clips from the second season episode The Fourth Horseman in the Millennium / Harsh Realm DVD trailer. So I compared those to the normal TV version, and there's deffinately a difference:

mill_s2_normal1.jpg

mill_s2_wide1.jpg

mill_s2_normal2.jpg

mill_s2_wide2.jpg

The clips from season one were cropped, but these aren't. So there you have it. Another proof. :smokin:

Edited by OS_

OS, Season 1 was filmed in 1.33;1 (Fullscreen), but it looks like season 2 and 3 were filmed in widescreen. Millennium season 2 and XF season 4 were the first seasons of Chris Carter series to be filmed in widescreen. So season 1 wasn't cropped.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

OS, Season 1 was filmed in 1.33;1 (Fullscreen), but it looks like season 2 and 3 were filmed in widescreen.  Millennium season 2 and XF season 4 were the first seasons of Chris Carter series to be filmed in widescreen. So season 1 wasn't cropped.

That's not what i meant. The trailer is widescreen so the season one clips were cropped to fit. The episodes on the DVDs of course weren't.

Edited by OS_

DM, 1.85:1 and 1.78:1 are so close that one can sometimes confuse the one with the other (and the two lead to a little more confusion if one doesn't have a widescreen TV because those things are spendy). Usually 1.78:1 widescreen is what is usually used for TV shows shot for widescreen TV.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Edited by voidprime

• 2 weeks later...
Guest canadian girl

Don't mean to be ignorant if this info has been posted already, but is Season II being released in Canada as well as Europe? I've only seen European pre-order sites.

Thanks! :hug03:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

Finally! Just visited the BBFC site and saw a couple of listings for Season 2 of MM on the first page and thought there may be more episodes rated on the next page with the just seen new additions. And there were. :smokin: All 23 episodes rated including The Mikado and The Hand of Saint Sebastian (including subtitles) which were previously rated a 15 and 12 (they're the same again. Would be anyway as the first time they were listed on the BBFC site a few weeks ago they were for the commentary, and as there's a picture anyway the certificate would be the same again) have been rated.

Anyway these are the other 21 episodes and the ratings they were given (all in widescreen with some also having subtitles) :

The Beginning and the End - 12

Beware of the Dog - 12

Sense and Antisense - 12

Monster - 12

A Single Blade of Grass - 12 (+ subtitles)

The Curse of Frank Black - 12

19:19 - 12

Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense - 15

Midnight of the Century - PG ( :eyes: - the first MM episode to be given a PG. Only seen this once, when Sky One showed it but thinking back I don't think there was anything strong in it that would make it a higher certificate)

Goodbye Charlie - 15

Luminary - 15

The Pest House - 15

Owls - 15 (+ subtitles)

Roosters - 12 (+ subtitles)

Siren - 12

In Arcadia Ego - 15

Anaemesis - 15

A Room With No View - 15

Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me - 15

The Fourth Horseman - 12

The Time is Now - 15.

So this shows that Season 2 overall will be a 15 and the Season 3 boxset will be an 18 because of the two-part finale being an 18 (both episodes were given an 18 by the BBFC. Even if one of those was an 18 the DVD boxset will still be an 18 overall).

Edited by WaveCrest

Hi everyone, just a question for the Region 1 people (like me)... when XFiles went to widescreen DVD releases in season 5, was that just in R2 or were the R1 discs also widescreen? I know that R1 Buffy discs are all full-screen, which chaps me, and since it's all from Fox, well... my point here (really, I have one!) is that I'm wondering if S2 & 3 for MM will be released in widescreen in R1 or not. Anyone? Thanks.

Guest Regan MacNeil

I'm pretty sure MM seasons 2 & 3 will be widescreen on the R1 releases. I live in the U.S. and The X-Files seasons 5-9 were all released in widescreen here. Even the Harsh Realm R1 release, which lists full screen on the back cover, is in widescreen. I can't say for sure about the MM releases, but they probably WILL be widescreen if that really is how they were filmed.

Guest WaveCrest

I'm pretty sure that's going to be the outside cover artwork with the other artwork showing Frank in the top right-hand corner with the dogs from Beware of the Dog in the centre, as the DVD container front cover inside. The same way as with the Season 1 set.

Edited by WaveCrest