Skull and Bones

Rate this topic

BillQS

• 2 months later...

Was thinking about this episode again... The premise just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Why would a group that's so capable, with links to leading edge research and law enforcement, allow themselves to fall into such a sloppy "corpse disposal gaffe" such as this?  Couldn't they just dissolve the bodies in acid, like in Breaking Bad? Why go through all the trouble of saving them to deposit under a highway construction site? Were they hoping to imbue the streets with haunting power ala an "Indian Burial Mound" curse? This is just such a goon level MO, right out of Goodfellas. 

Edited by Jabbapop

They removed teeth and did clean the bones off, thought they had removed all identifiable traces, and didn't think the bones would be found.  Homer B Petty simply got a little sloppy apparently, didn't bury the bones deep enough in the muck to remain undiscovered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 6:51 PM, Jabbapop said:

Was thinking about this episode again... The premise just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Why would a group that's so capable, with links to leading edge research and law enforcement, allow themselves to fall into such a sloppy "corpse disposal gaffe" such as this?  Couldn't they just dissolve the bodies in acid, like in Breaking Bad? Why go through all the trouble of saving them to deposit under a highway construction site? Were they hoping to imbue the streets with haunting power ala an "Indian Burial Mound" curse? This is just such a goon level MO, right out of Goodfellas. 

I personally have to blame the multiple writers, etc.  Yes, the group (as a whole) did make some pathetic mistakes throughout the series, and sometimes I wonder myself if a few chosen ones were on purpose, like Homer P Betty being sloppy, as seesthru stated.  I agree, if you want to dispose of bodies, burying them is not the idea solution.  Dissolving in acid would be the best way, unless, of course, the group wanted the bodies found.