The x files episode - Millennium

Rate this topic

Mulder and Scully succesfully foiling an attempted invasion

First of all, jamhaw, welcome to the group.

We've had so many movies about alien invasions. and some are very good. As much as I like alien movies, bringing back Frank Black in a movie would be so much more entertaining to me.

We may have had some closure in the MLM/X-Files episode, but I doubt very much that anyone would make a movie with Mulder, Scully, and Frank. M & S could fight aliens, but Frank must fight evil manifested in and around man. Hopefully with Lara Means by his side. Peter Watts, no telling what he would be doing.

First of all, jamhaw, welcome to the group.

We've had so many movies about alien invasions. and some are very good. As much as I like alien movies, bringing back Frank Black in a movie would be so much more entertaining to me.

We may have had some closure in the MLM/X-Files episode, but I doubt very much that anyone would make a movie with Mulder, Scully, and Frank. M & S could fight aliens, but Frank must fight evil manifested in and around man. Hopefully with Lara Means by his side. Peter Watts, no telling what he would be doing.

I was replying to the poster who said that aliens will not invade in 2012 just as the world did not end 2000, which I would dislike. I agree with you that Frank should not be fighting aliens if they make a Millenium movie. Personally I would prefer a movie involving him clashing with something from the show such as Lucy or the Group or the Family or all of the above. Actually now that I think on it a film using elements more from the second season than the others could be fairly comercially succesful if Dan Brown's work is anything to go by. I feel that there must be at least one new X-Files movie featuring an alien invasion to bring closure to the series, I would feel ripped off if their was no invasion although I am sure that there are many people out there who would feel the same if there was an alien invasion. Millenium does not to me require a new movie but I did not feel that the X-Files episode tied up enough loose ends and I feel that a film would be good to give the series more closure.

Edited by jamhaw

• 1 year later...
Guest Bad Boy Dazza

I have to say that I was really struck by how much more "screen presence" Lance had than David in this episode. In the scene where they were both sharing closeups it really stood out to me. David was pretty much all fizz and Lance was incredible.

Edited by Bad Boy Dazza