Season 1 At Walmart

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Justa Fan

Don't kid yourself about Wal Mart...they carry a lot of clout.

They will sell anything that will turn a profit.

Their influence is felt in all the media (music, movies, games, etc.)

In sheer volume, they sell more DVD's than any other retailer in

the world. Everybody knocks on Wal Mart's door.

:gaba:

Guest Demolition Man

I'll tell you one thing... any of my music will never be sold at Wal-Mart. Not because its offensive, but I simply just don't want it to be sold there because I am afraid the average Wal-Mart shopper wouldn't understand it.

You really think the average Wal-Mart shopper understands what Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is really about? More then likely they'll answer "its a great album that has that we don't need educhashun song on it."

Guest RJ2000
Wal Mart sells what it thinks it can make the most money off of, and, as this was a show that only lasted 3 years, it's easy to see that the world simply is not mature enough to handle a show like that.  (except, thankfully, for this group)

Are you sure that all of us are that mature? :grin2:

all in all its just another brick in the wall....

I bet best buys will carry it too- Sad to say I don't have the money for it at this time. Ah well. (sigh)

You know there are some stores that wont carry the Harry Potter books because they say they are evil and promote witchcraft- but the same stores you can find works of HP lovecraft...

Even the Pope came out and said Harry Potter books are good for the children to read BECAUSE the good fights the evil. Sort of reminds you of the church that had an easter bunny that they flailed, and stomped on the easter eggs. Of course those kids will be in therapy for years. They were saying that Easter is a pagan holiday, but IMHO they did more damage to the kids by flailing a person in front of them than knowing about a fluffy bunny!!!

Kath

Guest Second Coming
all in all its just another brick in the wall....

I bet best buys will carry it too- Sad to say I don't have the money for it at this time. Ah well. (sigh)

You know there are some stores that wont carry the Harry Potter books because they say they are evil and promote witchcraft- but the same stores you can find works of HP lovecraft...

Even the Pope came out and said Harry Potter books are good for the children to read BECAUSE the good fights the evil. Sort of reminds you of the church that had an easter bunny that they flailed, and stomped on the easter eggs. Of course those kids will be in therapy for years. They were saying that Easter is a pagan holiday, but IMHO they did more damage to the kids by flailing a person in front of them than knowing about a fluffy bunny!!!

Kath

That was the funniest thing I've ever heard. (those people spanking the Easter Bunny and breaking eggs). I mean...ha...just imagining someone did that and thought that it would teach the kids a lesson. Just trying to picture it happening is astounding. haha......it's really not funny. But I can't help but laugh at how stupid and idiotic it was to do that.

Guest SouthernCelt

I've been less than regular in my visits to the site lately so I may have missed some things but aren't y'all jumping the gun to assume that Walmart won't carry MM S1 or will limit its sale. I can understand why some of you may not like Walmart based on past events but it's sort of a waste of good spunk to speculate about what MIGHT happen. :jumping:

Guest Second Coming

There is no issue with Wal-mart! They're selling it for the cheapest price so far. I was just saying I was surprised that Wal-mart is carrying it. Especially since it's not a big hit and with Wal-marts track record of censoring stuff(that usually applies to cd's).