Kim Manners

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

I just read this sad news a few seconds ago. Kim Manners past away yesterday, from complications of lung cancer.

I just wanted to post this so everyone could share their thoughts about a man at the top of his craft. He will surely be missed by all his fans and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I address my condolences to his family.

Rest in peace.

Oh my. This is a shock I didn't know he was sick. I have been seeing his name on the opening credits for Supernatural.

Your absolutely correct Laurent, he was at the top of his craft. So sad to see him go.

How sad is this news? I recall hearing that he was unwell and hoping that all would be well for him. He is an irreplaceable talent, with so much more to give, and my thoughts are with his friends and family during, what must be, an unbearably sad time for them.

Eth

Guest ZeusFaber

I was shocked and saddened when I read about this, so much so that I had to take the rest of the day before I could think of what to say.

It's a real tragedy that the world has been robbed of a genuine talent so much before his time. His near 40 year career will outlive him, and he will be remembered by X-Philes for the 52 amazing episodes he lensed, from "Die Hand Die Verletz" to "The Truth."

Kim, through this you are immortal.

You are immortal.

Guest Laurent.

From Frank's blog:

KIM MANNERS

km-754508.jpg

Kim had a blazing intensity that inspired everyone -- writers, producers, actors and crew. "Kick it in the ass!" he'd say to us. And "I love you," really meaning it. As long as he'd been a director, he never lost his passion for his work. Every time he got a script, he gave it his all. He was driven to execute what he saw in his mind's eye in the most powerful and beautiful way he could. On "The X-Files," the friendly sparring between Kim and Rob Bowman to see who could out-direct the other was a beautiful competition between two fiercely talented friends. Kim was an incredible force of life. It is hard for me to believe or accept that he is gone.

"I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us. That they speak to us as part of something greater (...) " - Fox Mulder

Guest Laurent.

From Gillian Anderson:

(...)

A bit of a non sequitur but actually relevant because I would like to end by expressing my huge huge sadness over the death of Kim Manners who passed away on Sunday. He was just about to retire. Had been talking about it since the series ended. Let that be a solemn lesson for us all. Make the very most out of this moment now, it’s all we’ve got. I need to learn it more than anybody.

I'm glad TXF team still take the time to share their sadness, even if they have not work with him for the last 6-7 years. It's a testament to the personal impact someone like him can have. I hope there is going to be a third X-Files film dedicated to him.