CATHERINE'S GRAVE

Rate this topic

Baz,

I don't think we do see Catherine's grave in S3. I recall Frank visiting his mother and father's grave in 'The Fourth Horseman' and Emma visiting her sister's in 'Closure' but I have no recollection of seeing Catherines. I have checked the screencaps for S3 also and can't find it. I will stand corrected of course but at this time I'm sure it wasn't shown.

Anyone correct me?

Eth

Baz,

I found an image of the Black family grave if you need something to use as a reference but the epitaph thing is hard. I trawled a site of them both poignant and often humorous and none really did anything for me. This one came up again and again and it's the only one that didn't seem too inappropriate but I will leave the decision to use it up to you.

Eth

Why ye fear the distant shore

Since she we loved has gone before.

post-1185-1233507482_thumb.jpg

Guest Laurent.

@4th Wow! Excellent find.

Why ye fear the distant shore

Since she we loved has gone before.

That's pretty good in my opinion.

Off-topic: This made me think about a site I found a while ago, it's a pretty grim website about death. I haven't really visited it, but its "quote section" appeared on one my google search. There's a good number of awesome quotes about death from various authors and intellectuals: The Death Clock - quotes

Pretty much every one of them could have been used as an opening quote for a Millennium episode (at least one of them has).

"Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once."

- William Shakespeare

That's pretty good in my opinion.

Off-topic: This made me think about a site I found a while ago, it's a pretty grim website about death. I haven't really visited it, but its "quote section" appeared on one my google search. There's a good number of awesome quotes about death from various authors and intellectuals: The Death Clock - quotes

Pretty much every one of them could have been used as an opening quote for a Millennium episode (at least one of them has).

You can always count on Shakespeare for good quotes!

A few in relation to Catherine caught my eye but may be too obvious:

"One owes respect to the Living. To the Dead, one owes only Truth."

Voltaire

"Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation. For they are us; our bodies are only wilted leaves on the tree of life."

Albert Einstein

I'm still looking for the right one though...

I was thinking with Frank's love of Bobby Darin, a particular song may mean more to him in relation to a memory of Catherine...

"Til the day that heaven calls me, No arms'll ever hold me..."

-Now That You're Gone

"Softly, I will leave you softly, For my heart would break, If you should wake, And see me go..."

- Softly, As I Leave You

"Take a yellow rose and add it to a waterfall, Then stir a rainbow in a glass of wine, Take a melody and blend it with the leaves of fall, It still would not describe this love of mine..."

- Something in Her Love

Edited by ENGINECOMICS

Guest Laurent.

The following is my favorite Voltaire quote (featured on my TIWWA profile), but I've not been able to find an english translation. It's possible that none exist because this particular opera was never produced.

Le ciel en vain sur nous rassemble

Les maux, la crainte, et l'horreur de mourir.

Nous souffrirons ensemble,

Et ce n'est point souffrir.

-Voltaire

Free translation by me:

In vain, on us, the skies muster

The pain, the fear, and horror of dying.

We will suffer together,

and this ain't suffering.

-Voltaire

P.S. I was able to preserve the rhymes and number of syllables! I'm pretty proud haha :clapping:

P.P.S. The conservation of syllables also explains why I used "ain't" instead of "is not"... I'm not sure how contractions are seen from a literary point. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Baz,

I take it this is in relation to the BTFB strip? In which case I adore "One owes respect to the Living. To the Dead, one owes only Truth." which sits comfortably with Frank's everquest to avenge Catherine's death and understand the hidden truth behind it. Much of what I am considering with regards to this works well with that quote. That said, I love Laurent's quote, it rings a chord with me, but, ultimately you should decide. Guess it would have been so much easier if we had seen the grave eh?

Best wishes,

Eth